cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which adapter to be used at sender side

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a big requirement.

i have ten webservices. it all ends in different .aspx I think they are webservices and

1 www.aaaa.com.employee.aspx

2 www.cccc.com.dir.aspx

3) www.asdf.com/fghj.aspx

10) www.def.com/tyui.aspx

like that I have ten wenpages or webservices. aspx is webservice or webpage?

the enduser fills the data in the page and click on submit the data should reach po and from there po will sent to ecc system. the data has lots of common fields. around 7 or 8 fields are same and there are some different fields in each webpage/webservice

the data is updated in the same database table at ecc. so we are doing it as a single interface.

which is the best option? I am in PO 7.4 and its single stack

soap to proxy

rest to proxy

ws_aae to proxy

http_aae to proxy

these are the adapters i have and client wants it to be done as a single interface

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I agree with Justin. You have to evaluate the different data payload to receive. You have to consider if you can join the different payloads, you can think in some points like the business logic and the number of different tags and structures. The easiest way is to have a sender SOAP, why?, because you can work with wsdl, easiest to the sender partner because in almost languages have tools to create the set of the classes to connect with a simple button click over the wsdl.

You think the Rest adapter as you browse a page in internet that changes its content dinamically, for example i search films between 70's and 80's, later i click a button to get the spanish movies, and so on. Only depending your business logic you can figure out if you need the rest adapter or not.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki, Justin

which option is better?

HTTP or SOAP?

If I use HTTP should the message protocol be GET or POST?

I have around ten webpages, so shouldn't i create ten communication channels to enter the url of the webpages? or we have option to enter url in http_aae adapter?

how the messages be reached to PO from webpage?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

Before saying what to choose, did you check with your .Net development team (web pages you are talking about) to see what option they would like to use?

Justin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

they didnt specify any requirement.

the ten different webpages are of different urls. it can be trigered any moment. at any time any end user can sent data by submitting on the webpage. they want all the data to be transported to the ecc system,,all data going to same database table in ecc system

they are not bothered about pi adapters.

client asked if we could meet this with rest but as you said rest is not possible

exploring http and soap and ws_aae now

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

I didn't say REST is not possible. I said we can't use REST adapter for your requirement .. We can still achieve the REST using HTTP call to PI. Both SOAP or HTTP is the best candidate. But before pulling the trigger we need to understand their(other dev team) capabilities limitations to call POST message using either HTTP or SOAP. We need to know how they are going to give the Form Data whether its going to be part of the URL or it's going to be in the Body, either ways if you are fine ( If you are on >= PI 7.31), we can extract them using Sender HTTP java adapter.

I would suggest go ahead with HTTP adapter. You don't need to have 10 different comm.channels. Just one channel give it to the development team, they have to submit the HTTP request to PI on all the 10 different web pages.

Hope it helps! just wait for other experts input as well!

Justin.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at this

HTTP Requests Supported by the Java HTTP Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Ask them to see which fits their need (on the supported formats)..

To your other question take a look at the thread .... Just check the example given by Chet..

Thank you,

Justin.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Midhun,

As discussed in the other thread you have two options. Since these are all ASP services, definitely they have options to use either Webservices to post the message or HTTP Services (to POST) the message. Regarding the structure create a common structure with min occurrences as 0.. so that whichever fields are populated by different 10 pages it will use the same common structure to fill in the data.. So less maintenance.. Instead of creating 10 different structure and 10 different Outbound Interfaces.

SOAP to PO or HTTP to PO.

Thank you,

Justin.

arghyadg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Use the 1st option:

soap to proxy mechanism

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I believe the 10 webservices are operation of a single service. If this is the case then you can use multi operation interface to design the scenario.

i would suggest to use SOAP to proxy in ths scenario.

Please refer the discussion for the similar scenari

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

can it be done as a single soap to crm scenario.

create all the fiels in data type, mt and service interface.

give the same wsdl to all the different webservices.

use same mapping also

whenever the wsdl is triggered th message will come to po and messagee processing will take place. for ffiels that are no needed in the interface, it will remain in the wsdl as non mandatory fields

is there any way we can do REST here?

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Ask your project lead to provide one wsdl and it contains all the services.

So that you can create mappings.