cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co Product Price is not fetching from Production Version 1 During costing run of Production version2

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

During costing run (CK40N) of Production version 2 of Material x, system is not considering the Co-product price from production version1 it is considering the Material Master Price.

We have Material X it has two production versions with Multiple BOM,

BOM 1 of X Material with production version 1

1. Material A (Input Material)
  2. 2.       Material B (CO Product)
  3. Material C (By product)

During costing run of production version Co-product cost is correctly (say 270) apportioned as per equivalent numbers as per production version 1.

BOM 2 of X Material with production version 2

1. Material B (Input Material)  (Material master price 350)
  2. Material C (Co-product)

During Costing run of production version 2 the input material (Material B) Price should fetch from production version i.e. 270 but not 350.

I have done the following setting Controlling and PP

1. Multiple BOMS created for  material X
  2. Master Recipe created for both versions
  3. Co product indicator activated in BOM
  4. Source structure created.
  5. All necessary setting done in Material master for Main material x
    1. Production Versions
    2. Task list type
    3. Group
    4. Group Counter
    5. Alternate BOM
    6. BOM Usage
    7. Apportionment structure
  6. Joint production for Main material X
  7. Apportionment done in Material Master for Material X
  8. Mixed costing is maintained and it is calculating perfectly
  9. Link has been created for CO product in Material Master By giving the Header material in production version..
  10. Valuation variant sequence
    1. Planned Price
    2. Standard Price
    3. Moving average price.

Apportionment happening perfectly both main and co product.

But System is not considering the co product price from production version1,is fetch the value from Material Master during costing run of production version 2 of Material X.

Please suggest how to fetch price of CO product Material B from production version 1 in Production Version2.

Thank & Regards,

KISHORE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As Kamal Sir suggested, you need to first release the cost for production version 1 for material B then only system will considered 270 while calculating the the cost for version 2.

When you run the mix cost estimate of main material it will automatically mix the prices of version 1 and version based on ratio mentioned.

So as suggested by kamal sir, you need to first release the cost for co-product B

Regards

Bhaskar

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

We can't choose production version in CK40N Transaction. Production version selection is available in CK11N.

In CK11N cost estimation will update only for Header material not for co-product.

I tried this option also but system is not updating the co-product cost after release.

Regards,

KISHORE

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi every one.

Issue is resolved. Thanks everyone for giving me support.

Thanks & Regards,

KISHORE

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Post the solution for others to know. This is not the way to participate in the forum....

kamal

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

The solution for this issue is we have to maintain the Quantitative Structure control  as PI01 for process Industries in costing variant. Earlier it was PC01.

Thnkas & Regards,

KISHORE

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP CO Experts..

Any updates on my issue.

Regards,

KISHORE

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

In valuation variant sequence change the strategy

1. Standard price

2. MAP

3. Plan price

Also define Price control "S" for material B

kamal

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

As per client requirement sequence should be

1. Plan price 

2 Standard Price

3 MAP

In my issue there is no planned price for material B but standard price exits. It should not fetch standard price it should fetch price from Costing result of production version.

Regards,

KISHORE

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Input material price is always picking from valuation variant sequence..say here

either plan price

standard price updated in costing view 2

MAP

so costing result of mat B should update in costing 2 as standard cost for version 1 if mat B is defined as Price control S

Now tell me where your cost of Mat B 270 is updated

kamal

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Thanks for

Material B cost (270) is displaying in costing analysis in Production version 1 i.e before marking. The same will be updated in the Material  Master after release.

Same Material B is my input material in production version 2 of Main Material A, my consumption price should be as per production version 1 of CO-product B. But system is not considering this price. it is considering the Material Master price.

Regards,

KISHORE

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

have you released the cost of B and updated in costing view 2? if not released it first.

Kamal

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

During costing run Analysis of production version 2 price is showing wrongly that is the reason i did not release.

Regards,

KISHORE

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First you have to release version 1 to update cost of Mat B that is 270..then run version 2 to check

Kamal

former_member365500
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

We have Mixed costing also for  the same Product A,. Mixed ratio is apportioned  60:40 ratio to production version 1 and production 2 respectively.

When we are running the cost estimate of Main material  system is considering both Production version and deriving the cost of Main product after considering the apportionment and Mixed ratio.

Thanks & Regards,

KISHORE .