cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of fields available in proforma invoice form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a problem concerning the proforma invoice process in SAP Business By Design.

In an outbound delivery it is possible to create a proforma invoice print. (The proform itself is no BO itself, more an additional view of the outbound delivery) In the proforma itself it is not possible to create extension fields (incident 3500226781) and you also cannot activate proforma releated areas for that because it is no BO itself.

Also the proforma invoice form refers to the customer invoice form and somehow combines information out of the outbound delivery and the customer invoice in the proforma invoice.

For me it is not clear which fields out of the outbound delivery and customer invoice can be shown on that form. Also the SAP support cannot help me with that question and cannot provide a list of all fields (incident 3500245341). Can you help me?

If you cannot help me, at least vote for my idea: https://ideas.sap.com/D28851/

(Rethinking the proforma invoice process / make extension fields possible for proforma invoices)

This would be great 🙂

Thank you

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_resag
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

as per the documentation the pro-forma invoice seems to be based on the invoice itself. Therefore you should also be able to use the extension fields defined for the customer invoice. In the work center Application and User Management', under 'Form templates' you can 'Download' the xlm structure of the invoice, that should contain all the fields available.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your answer, i have also tried that, but it is not possible, extensions fields are shown blank in the proforma invoice form. this is also the reason why i am asking that silly. Are we sure that every single field of the customer invoice can be displayed with a value? (but thats also not really helpful when all your extension fields are empty)

And i also want to avoid that I am telling the customer something wrong.

Thanks

Lisa

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Did you use KUT(Adaptation mode) or SDK for the extension field.

Did you add the extension field to Outbound Delivery with an extension scenario to Customer Invoice?

Best Regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fred

we added our extension fields to customer order via outbound delivery further to customer invoice via SDK. But no impact on the form.

Are u able to show extension fields on the form?

BR Lisa

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

As far as I know, when you create Pro-forma invoice , the invoice is not actually created. But the AfterModify event still runs. I haven't use Process Extension Scenario. I just retrieve the required data using Reference ID.

import ABSL;

if(this.SimulationOriginCodeSimulationOriginCode.GetDescription()=="Outbound Delivery"){

foreach(var item in this.Item){

foreach(var btdr in item.ItemBusinessTransactionDocumentReference){

if(btdr.BusinessTransactionDocumentReference.TypeCode.GetDescription()=="Outbound Delivery"){

var tempBOInstance=OutboundDelivery.Retrieve(btdr.BusinessTransactionDocumentReference.ID);

if(tempBOInstance.IsSet()){

// retrieve the value of extension field from Outbound Delivery

this.N_EXT_CIV=tempBOInstance.N_EXT_OD;

}

}

}

}

}

Best Regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred

Thanks for your reply, i will hand this issue over to our programmer to check, hopefully this is an appropriate way 🙂 Will let you know if we were able to show our extension fields on the proforma invoice form with that workaround 🙂

Have a nice weekend 🙂

BR Lisa

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I forgot to tell you.

We could add the extension field from CIV to the pro-forma invoice template.

The data was also shown.

Cheers,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred

Sorry CIV = customer invoice?

With that workaround you were able to do so?
this would be amazing 🙂 🙂 🙂
BR Lisa

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Yes, Customer Invoice I meant.

Let me recap.

1. Add extension field to Customer Invoice.

2. Enhance Print form of Customer Invoice with the extension field

3. Retrieve data from Outbound Delivery in AfterModify event for Customer Invoice

4. Add the extension field to the Pro-forma template.

Cheers,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred

Got it, thanks a lot 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

BR Lisa

PS: you are the first person with a qualified answer to my issue, all the others did not really understand what i meant, i have the impression

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

No no, just experienced the same situation. That's all.

Best Regards

Fred