cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS_UPLOAD error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need help. I want to upload a file from the ITS using ITS_UPLOAD but I get the interim screen which says that it will be directed automatically but ITS crashes while that happens. I have ITS 6.2 patch 19. Is there any solution? If I call webgui through ITS it uploads it and I don't understand what the difference is.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx,

Litsa Oratis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Litsa,

I really recommend to use a more recent ITS 6.20 patch! Patch level 19 is from August of 2005. The last available patch level (45) is from January of 2013. Please upgrade the ITS 6.20.

Note that you also should be using the Integrated ITS, as the ITS 6.20 is already out of maintenance.

You should check whether you have access to class cl_gui_frontend_services and test the upload from it.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately customer cannot upgrade the ITS at the moment as they will be moving to the integrated ITS soon.

Thanx for your reply.

Litsa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, thanx for your replies. Oisin the IT00 service comes up with a screen with an OK button to begin with and then if I press OK it comes up with a list. Is that what it is supposed to do? Never used it before. Unfortunately we are using Basis Support Package 41 for 4.6D and the ITS version is ITS-Version 19. We have a custom service which runs at the moment and I wanted to use ITS_UPLOAD to upload a file and place it on the SAP server. The problem I had was at the following statement in ITS_UPLOAD function: GET PROPERTY OF doc-obj 'IsAvailable' = available. Available was 0 so it stopped. I found a workaround and created a transaction which I tested through webgui and it worked perfectly so I made a popup screen which calls the transaction through webgui. It was working perfectly but now it stops at the following statement: GET PROPERTY OF doc-obj 'Exception' = exception.     IF exception EQ 1.       RAISE file_read_error.     ENDIF. If I execute via the browser on its own it works perfectly. It only stops working if called from the existing service. Which was working before. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. Thank you again. Litsa

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

re IT00 Internet Service IT00 you should be able to test Upload/Download The following note may be useful in explaining why you are getting the Interim Screens, but not the crash

750971 - ITS upload/download: Interim screens in SAP GUI for HTML

If your ITS is in a Multiple instance agate environment then check note 1127038 ITS Up/Down: problems for multi Agate instance environment

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Litsa,

that is an old ITS you are using. What is the backend SAP_BASIS version and support pack level that this STANDALONE ITS 6.20 Patch 19 instance is connecting too?

Following note might be of interest

Note 888619 - ITS Up/Down: automation error in ITS 620 during upload

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

thanx for the reply. I have read all the notes and I know that the ITS patch is very old but unfortunately the backend is even worse as we have 4.6D. Its is a standalone Workplace

which isn't even around anymore but client will upgrade to the integrated ITS soon. The problem is that I need this functionality now.

Is there any workaround to the ITS_UPLOAD screen? I tried copying the function but it needs the screen it calls to create the objects.

Any other idea??

Litsa

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Litsa,

how does the Test Service IT00 behave when you test it?

Can you explain the following in more detail:

"

I tried copying the function but it needs the screen it calls to create the objects.

"

Regards,

Oisin

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Litsa,

What is the SAP_BASIS version and SP level?

Let us have more information and see what can be done.

Regards,

Cris