-Ve time management Over Time

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

Could you please help to me...!

Scenario:

My planned working hours are: 8

Maintaining attendance hours in info type 2002.

If employee will work more than planned working hours i.e 10 then remaining hours has be stored in time wage type which means 10-8 =2.

I've tried in several ways but i couldn't get positive result.

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using negative time management then it's not easy to query the day wise variation on the excess hours.

Do better go with positive time management since you are updating the attendance record in IT2002. Through custom PCR you can able to generate wage type through time schema TM00.

But if client doesn't want to go for positive and time evaluation run then you can do one thing that go with custom program which will run before the payroll run. This program will read the infotype 2002 record and excess hours day wise and will  pass to IT2010 against wage type. So ultimately in payroll you will get details OT hours for that payroll period.

Check and let me know.

Regards,Sankarsan

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable quick response...!

I just wanna say one thing...!

I could find one point of solution i.e I'm able to fetch planned working hours from info type 0007 through PCR. But now my question is how can i fetch actual working hours i.e which we have maintained in info type 2002. I mean is there any Operation to fetch info type 2002 working hours...?

Because, If it's there any operation for info type 2002 then easily we can compare with info type 0007....!

Regards

Mohan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will go with time evaluation then in the time schema you can compare day wise actual working hours vs working hours.

If you have planned this way then you can write a below logic in the PCR.

If orgin indicator is P (Operation OUTPORIGS) then check the PNUM and then compare dws hours with that.

you will insert this pcr just after P2002 function in time schema with PTIP function where GEN is Par3.

But as of now as per your initial query then you can not compare same thing in payroll . so you have to with my previous reply where you need to compare IT7 and IT2002 with a concept of split in a payroll period.

Regards,Sankarsan

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With Negative Time, you should not enter the "regular" hours worked, only the Exceptions like Absences, special Attendances that do not impact earnings (like an Attendance for being at a Conference) and Overtime Attendances.

Payroll does not process each day individually, so there is no need to compare the "Daily Work Schedule" with the Attendances/Absences for that day (nor is it possible).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Sankarsan said  it is advisable to go for a custom program.

The program will calculate the difference and update either IT2010 or IT0014 or IT0015. 

Then, you have to write a PCR to calculate through payroll run.

John Cheriyan

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

thanks for your valuable quick response........!

Issue has been resolved by SAP Standard itself....!

Ur's Mohan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Post your answer and close the thread with helpful and correct answer.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have options to capture over time in TM04 schema go through it you will get an idea.

We have TW15 schema, TO01, TO02 PCR"S to capture over time.

Regards

Venkatesh

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao

Please explain

a)why attendance is maintained in IT 2002.

b)how are attendances/absences/changes in daily work schedule entered?

c)Do you use PTMW, Time sheet or any other time entry systems?

d)what exactly is happening in OT calculation -

- post sample problem inputs with time eval logs and the time schema parts and the PCRs where the problem is happening.

If you want to use -ve time mgt,

1))record any attendance exceptions through IT 2002, 2003, or part-day absences.

2)OT:  This can be

2.1)determined by customized time schema TM04, with specific clear rules:

for example

2.1.1)such OT rules apply to specific ESG's, ESGG's or contract types

2.1.2)if daily normal att.hrs are exceeded, treat the excess as OT

2.1.3)if pay period normal att.hrs exceed 40hrs or full time employment hrs, treat the excess as OT

OR

2.2)OT entered in IT 2002.

In either case, OT time w/t can be generated in time schema through a PCR or function GWT

+ve TM can be used but this means entering for each working day.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are on negative time management and the planned work time for an employee is 8 hours, then no IT2002 should be created for the first 8 hours worked, only enter the 2 hours of Overtime in IT2002 through an "Overtime" Time Type.