cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Analyzer in Excel not displaying anything with SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we've activated SNC in our SAP systems. When we try to open a workbook in Excel by starting BEx Analyzer from SAP GUI (RRMX_START_EXCEL), it displays simply nothing.

Before the SNC activation everything worked fine.

It's not about a SSO logon, the users should still be prompted for their passwords, the thing is that they have to click far more often than before to open their workbooks.

Is there a general problem regarding our SNC settings and the excel actions from BEx trying to communicate with the SAP system?

We've set the following parameters and have left everything "open" for testing reasons by now ( always beginning with snc/ )

force_login_screen = 0

permit_insecure_start = 1

accept_insecure_rfc = 1

accept_insecure_gui = 1

accept_insecure_cpic = 1

r3int_rfc_qop = 8

r3int_rfc_secure = 0

data_protection/use = 3

data_protection/max = 3

data_protection/min = 3

SM21 tells me GW-error 223, read error, so is there a misconfiguration in the CPIC-settings of SNC?

TXCOM CPIC settings are set to SNC on (sm54), using our SNC-name and the application server parameter, so in this case "3"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolai,

I would recommend the same note of Karthik recommended (the last one).

I also saw recently one similiar situation, where a correction of SAPGUI (more specifically SAP GUI 740 patch 6) solves the issue.

Maybe you can check this pach.

(if you need a direct link to download, open the SAp Note 2118888 and click on SAPGUI 7.40 patches).

I think this patch is not released yet (not sure).

Best Regards,
Edward

P.S.
I setup  Karthik recommendation as helpful. If the note recommended solves, setup his answer as correct

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai

I think this question should be posted in Basis community

I was just curious and checked some notes/documents. See if they make sense to you.

1533608 - Collective note for RRMX issues

Checking Tx RRMX SAP GUI 730 and 740 - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki

The issue explained in the below note is little different, but you could still check and see if there is something useful for you.

2020315 - BEx Analyzer: System Connection established via RRMX does not use SNC

If nothing helps, please repost the query in Basis community.

Regards

Karthik