cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Assembly with no. of Sub Assemblies

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here i have a different scenario, i.e. I have Kit BOM - It consists of number of sub assemblies in one box. I'll be getting forecast for Kit BOM level from customer. I'll run MRP for Kit BOM's.

For sub assemblies i'm getting Sales order also. I can run MRP for sales order. Sometimes, i'll take from sub assembly inventory of MTS i.e from KIT BOM forecast.

In my KIT BOM, i have maintained sub assemblies as Phantom Item. So, i'm getting all levels i'll get in one order. But the Phantom item is not inventory managed.

How can I manage my sub assemblies as inventory and for a Kit BOM I need one order with all list of components under sub assemblies. For sub assemblies I’m having BOM.

How my BOM should be for KIT BOM.

Thanks

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Maintain Special Procurement 50 (Phantom) for X1 in BOM of X at item level and in Material master of X1 remove special procurement 50 (Phantom).

Than for KIT bom X, X1 will be treated as phantom where as for X1 it is treated as stock item.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

amit_anasane
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i think you can change Special procurement type in MRP 2 view of material master from 50 to 52 of all sub assemblies, so they will be as direct production/collective orders. 

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Phantom item is a Dummy Material no. and its has certain Characteristics which includes inventory management not possible, Can't able to generate procrument element for this element. OS13 - BOM Item Category is the Tcode. Make trials with indicators in this.

BOM of KIT:

Component 1 - 10 nos.

Component 2 - 20 nos.

Phantom 1 - 1 nos.

where BOM of Phantom 1:

Sub Assembly 1 - 2 nos.

Sub Assembly 2 - 1 nos.

Pls try the link and if clear pls close the post  by marking  CORRECT or HELPED.

Sub-assemblies will managed in inventory and planned orders will generated for this.

for MD04 of Phantom in always be blank in nature.

Phantom item or Assembly | SCN

BOM Phantom  Item | SCN

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh V.

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for reply.

Can you suggest me, how can i maintain my BOM to achieve my requirement like

KIT BOM: Say X - Based on Forecast

Components: X1 - Sub A1

X2 - Sub A2

X3 - Sub A3

X1 BOM - Based on Orders

Components: X11 - Sub A4

RM1 - Raw Mat1

I'm Keeping stock for X1 from Forecast.

For X1 orders, directly consume from X1 Stock.

Thanks in advance.

Narendra

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct me if i wrongly understood your requirement in any point below:

Requirement 1 : "You have a FG BOM and a sub-assembly of it is Salable too. Hence you got confusion on BOM Structure."

A Material Type "HALB- Semi-Finished" can also treated as FG for which you have to maintain sales view in MM02.

After that you can define the BOM as Noraml BOM like you structured above.

Requirement 2 :

X1 is follows MTS when it is used as Sub-assembly and,

X1 is also follows MTO when it is used as Salable Item.

For this you can go for Strategy Group for X1. Pls refer SCN on Strategy Group for detail info as i'm not strong on that scenario.

Kindly getback with comments.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh Kumar V.

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Yes you are right.

In this case, how my BOM should be for FG. Normally it will not have inventory. But Planning will be run at FG Level.

SFG will be made from FG and also through a sales order.

Thanks in advance.

Narendra

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One BOM is enough as you structured above.

About Strategy Group:

I worked long back with this. So i request you test what i saw.

After maintaining Strategy Group for X1 and When you create Sales Order you will have options in Requirement Type, there select MTO and Save.

Rest of thing is as normal.

Try whatever we discussed till now in a Developement server, you can understand it. During execution if you have any issues let we know.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh V.