cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO Dashboards 4.1 cannot save to PowerPoint 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am using SAP BO Dashboards 4.1 support pack1 now. My MS recently updated to 2013 32-bit version.

I am now expericing problems:

When I export the graph I built in Dashboards 4.1 to PowerPoint 2013, I can have it properly show in the slide, however, I cannot save the slide at all!!!

No matter I try to save the slide as .pptx, or .ppt, I cannot have it properly saved.

1. If I try to save the slide as PowerPoint 97-2003 *.ppt, I will get below message:

"There is an active inserted or linked object" that cannot be saved autometically. Please close the object first."

But I don't find anywhere to close the object...

2. If I try to save the slide as *.pptx, I won't get any error message, however, when I close the pptx and re-open it, I will get below message:

If I click on repair, I lose the content in the slide...

Any solutions to it? Anything I should change with my MS 2013 setup or SAP Dashboards 4.1?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sylvia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvia

After the PPT is generated as soon as you export, try "File> Save as" and then save it to a location under My Documents so that you can find it easily. If you have already tried this then please ignore.

Then open it from the location and go to Slide show mode and see what happens.

Thanks

Runali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Runali,

I have tried it. Please see my previous answer to Abhilasha.

Hi Abhilasha,

Yes, it happens to a simple dashboard as well.

I think I might find the reason. It seems the problem related to Adobe flash player not Dashboard design nor MS2013...

I will dig in further.

Thank you.

Sylvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvia,

I have same problem, I install latest version of Adobe Flash Player 20. NPAPI and Save As PowerPoint Macro-Enabled Presentation.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jonathan,

Thank you so much! It works!!!

Best regards,

Sylvia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvia,

When you export the dashboard to PPT, it saves the PPT in some default location (For eg: C:\Users\Adminstrator\AppDta\Local\temp\...) which can be checked by going to File -> Info.

However, the file type is .tmp. You can go to the folder location and double click on this file.
You will get a pop up to select which application is to be used to run/open this file.

Browse and select the powerpoint.exe file. And try to do a save as.

Let us know the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

Thanks for your feedback. However, I am not able to follow your advices...

When I export the dashboard to PPT, the ppt opens directly and autometically. If I close the ppt without saving it, I won't find it anywhere. If I try to save it, as I described, I cannot...

Thank you!

Sylvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

When it opens directly, go to File -> Info : And go to open file location.
In this location you will see that the ppt is actually saved as .tmp and not .ppt.
Open the .tmp file using powerpoint.exe and do a save as.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

I followed your advice by trying to open up the .tmp document with powerpoint.exe.

unfortunately, I've got the same issue:

And if I click on repair, I lost everything...

Thank you.

sylvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvia,

Does it happen with a simple dashboard as well.
Have you tested on a different system. And do you have any system with Office2010 where you can test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

Yes, it happens to a simple dashboard as well.

I think I might find the reason. It seems the problem related to Adobe flash player not Dashboard design nor MS2013...

I will dig in further.

Thank you.

Sylvia