cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Check - SUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement where only 1 SUT should be allowed to be binned. Its possible for the material to arrive in a SUT P1 and P2. In the MM I have P1 as my first pallatization and P2 as the 2nd. Putaway strategy is manual.

Extract from SAP Help:

You can stipulate that the storage bin can contain only one standard storage unit type. This is taken from the first SUT field under Palletization data in the material master record.

So my understanding is that in this case I would only be allowed to bin a P1 in the bins within the storage type and never a P2?

Also, I did the config and I first binned a P1 and then after this the system also let me bin a P2?

What im actually want is that both P1 and P2 should be able to be binned but if either SUT first is binned then only the same SUT can be binned until the bin is empty.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Clayton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please have a look on the SAP standard putaway  strategy "P-According to storage unit type"

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/f844c44afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

the only challenge I see to achieve the requirement  " if either SUT first is binned then only the same SUT can be binned until the bin is empty." so to address this you need to write your own logic in user exit MWMTO003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding Putaway 'P' yes, I am aware this putaway method works and it actually does also only store the same SUT untill the bin is empty - So yea this strategy would work.

However, the strategy requires alot of config to setup. The business do not want to do this. They have a simple requirement where they would like do manual putaway but the a bin should only allow same material and same SUT. So I will set strategy to manual but then I am setting the capacity check '2'. Now here is the problem that its not restricting the bin to only store 1 SUT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea?