cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent double quotes around object names in output SQL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to stop DS 4.2 SP05 to put all column names, etc. in double quotes?

When testing DS against my MemSQL database, it keeps putting double quotes around all the object names, e.g.:

CREATE TABLE "testdb"."test_table" ( "Record_ID" INTEGER  not null ,   primary key ("Record_ID"))

The above SQL fails.

However, if you take this SQL, remove the double quotes and execute it directly against MemSQL, it works fine.

So I want DS to generate the SQL like this:

CREATE TABLE testdb.test_table ( Record_ID INTEGER  not null ,   primary key ( Record_ID))

Is there some option in DSCONFIG or anywhere else to get DS to behave the way I want it to?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

g_whitney
Explorer
0 Kudos

The answer and fixes are in SAP Note 2433146 for MySQL, but not sure if this applies also to MemSQL. The "Quote identifiers" option in the datastore configuration should allow you to send the sql to MySQL without quotes, but doesn't work. Fixes seem to apply to 14.2 SP's 7,8 and 9.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Erik,

I checked in DSConfig.txt and there doesnt seem to be any option for achieving this. The Double quotes are by default generated by the DS engine.

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consider using UPPERCASE names for tables and columns only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk, I tried that now too but Data Services keeps putting double quotes around the schema, table and column names - causing the SQL to fail.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I didn't say DS would not put the double quotes. But normally an uppercase table or column name embedded in double quotes is totally equivalent to the same name without quotes.

Is your database MySQL? I am not familiar with the specifics of that database type, but that may just mean it is currently not supporting ANSI_QUOTES. Check your database reference on how to change that mode.