SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to derive funds center for balance accounts?

liliana_mejia_d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I´m facing this situation and I don´t know how can I solve it; I have activated FM BCS, so I created dummy commitment item for balance accounts, but now that I´m trsting, they ask me for a fund center mandatory... It means that ALWAYS even in balance accounts I have to put find center?If not, how should I solve this..?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this is the standard process for FM BCS, as from my understanding the budget u maintain can be seen in FMRP_RW_BUDCON. This report already shows that it shows the planned and actual budget value for each fund center.

Plus during you maintain the string in FMBSBO and FMBSPO the fund center is required.

Regards,

Asraf

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this is the standard process for FM BCS, as from my understanding the budget u maintain can be seen in FMRP_RW_BUDCON. This report already shows that it shows the planned and actual budget value for each fund center.

Plus during you maintain the string in FMBSBO and FMBSPO the fund center is required.

Regards,

Asraf

0 Kudos

Hi Mohd

My question is basically, when I am making a financial post with two bank accounts, they both have the dummy commitmet item that is statistical, but the system is telling me that there is no fund center assigned, so it gives me error and I don´t know what should I do with this kind of balance accounts, because they don´t need a cost center that is why, the system is not deriving any funds center.

Please help!

0 Kudos

Dear Mejia,

Try to derive commitment item with combination 90 and 1 rather than statistical on subject bank accounts. That should serve the purpose. Otherwise share the screenshot of the transactions you are trying to post.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put default fund centre in the commitment master data and define a rule in FMDERIVE (if you don't have it pre-defined already as routine call), taking it from commitment master data.

Regards,

Eli

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Liliana, if you do not need any info for balance accounts (ussually is not) so assign them a commitment item with financial transaction 50 instead of 30.

Regards

César

liliana_mejia_d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I did as Eli mentioned and derived the dummy fund center from the dummy commitment item in FMDERIVE and it worked perfectly!

Thank you all for your quick and helpfull replies.

Lily.