cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report ActiveX Addin Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

We have a website that uses Crystal Reports.

We run on 6 RDS Servers in a Farm. The Active X Addin is installed on all servers and works OK however when a normal user tries to access the reports, they get the error below:

If the user clicks Cancel, and then yes to the next popup (continue setup without copying this file) the addin loads and runs OK.

It looks like it is trying to install the addin every time?  If i run this as an administrator, it works OK with no errors, but it does create a CONFLICTS folder in C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files.

This has been working OK for quite some time and only just become a problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Likely some security patch MS has recently installed. Run fiddler or Process Monitor on his PC or your site and see what is being blocked.

F12 may also give you more info. Try adding your site to the Trusted list in IE/Browser.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not believe reportparameterdialog.dll is a Crystal dll(?).

I think defining the ActiveX Add-in will also help. Add-in means different things to different people. What version of CR?

What OS?

As Don mentioned, Process Monitor will be a good idea. In the logs look for reportparameterdialog.dl and Access Denied errors.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

Every Time we open the report it tries to install, even though it is there.

We get the message below on some accounts:

They have 6 RDS Servers running Server 2008R2,

I don't know what version of Crystal Reports it is using how do I check that?

On some of the servers, if you click do you want to continue, it works, and on some it just doesn't load anything. 

I've tried registering the DLL's but this makes no difference.

I've tried opening Process Monitor, but there are about 1million events and it is almost impossible to look through.

Is there any way that we can deploy Crystal Reports out to all users (as most are standard users) and stop them from trying to install on every run?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos

On the BOE server you can look in Programs and Feature to see.

I think you may be using BOE XI R2, maybe BOE 3.1. At some point I think we stopped installing that ActiveX viewer.

As you notice from the message box there is likely either a newer version or an older verions already registered/installed.

Try disabling it and then view again, it should download a newer version. IIS is pushing it out.

There was a control in IIS I beleive that allowed you to manage which version was installed, But it's been along time since we've had to deal with it and I don't recall now where it is controlled.

It could be a missing dependency also. You should be able to find the CAB file in the CR Viewer folder on the APP/IIS server that has the viewer in it. I think there was another dll that also needed to be regitered.

What happpens if you click onAlways install.....?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

If I click always install. the user will not get the popup, but still get the error.

If we click always dont install, it will work.

However we cannot block via policy otherwise it will cause issues on the working Addins.

I can see that this is in IIS on the Webserver, however i see multiple versions of the ActiveX addins.

Can anyone remember how to check what version is being deployed? and is there a way of reliabilly manually installing the addin?

Thanks,
Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

On your WEB server where CR is installed go to this folder:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13\ActiveXControls

I don't recall exactly the location but the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\ should be the start.

You will see a CrystalReportViewer.cab, or something like that, copy it locally and then open it using Winzip or Explorer should open it.

From a command line type in "regsvr32.exe "pathtowhereyouextractedthemto\crviewer.dll"

Don