Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS Server,Connect Differences

former_member230933
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Explain that difference between Connect, Server Connect.

Observes below images, I have created Connection name as DM DEV, Connected with Server Connect after that shows 2 connections.

If I Connects Connection shows only one Connection i.e. DM DEV.

Kindly share your thoughts......!

Regards

Veera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

The data-sources you can connect to are stored in a file called "config20.xml". This file exist on both the server and the client

Server: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SAP\SAP Disclosure Management\Data\Config

Client: C:\Users\<user_name>AppData\Roaming\cundus AG\cundusBIPublisher

Note: you can upload the 'config20.xml' to the server in the option "Administration" > "Content refresh"

When you use the left icon to connect you are using the client 'config20.xml' file (this is why is shows 'local').

When you use the right icon, you are using the server's 'config20.xml' file (this why it shows the server name)

When you run a 'content refresh' on the report/chapter, the system will always use the server's 'config20.xml' file

Thanks

Marc

former_member230933
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your Reply very good information.

I have created DMDEV datasource at client level. Need to all users should visible at client levels. But not able view the other users we need to create datasource for every users level.

Please confirm

Regards

Veera

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Veera

I would strongly advise against using local connections - it really can get messy.

Just keep one 'config20.xml' on the server and train the users to connect with the server connection

Marc

former_member230933
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc.

Regards

Veera

Answers (0)