Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Area

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please help me to understand use of activity area in real time perspective?

I knew that it is logical grouping of storage bins, but what exactly it is useful?

for example, i can understand use of storage section in real time. storage section also kind of grouping storage bin based on attributes, so we can use it during put away like fast moving or slow moving.

But i couldn't figure out use of activity area in real time, could you please help me to understand?

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabakaran Gurusamy

you and Juergen and explained.

understand below structure. As said it mostly use for while creating WO/WT. which you go for picking you can group by joining storage bins with diff storage type.

eg >> let say you handle bulk sales and you have 4 storage type and while picking you want to group 2 for one picking way and 2 for other way. So you can make 2 activity area for picking activity and make that happen to flow. Now same bin can also allocate to other activity area with diff WOCR so picking can be simplified.

Regards

Suraj

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen & Suraj,

Thanks for your explanation, it is clear now.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

an activity area is important for the warehouse order, and the warehouse order creation rule determination.

Activity Area - Warehouse Structure - SAP Library

The most important sentences are:

"EWM generates warehouse orders for each activity area.

When EWM generates warehouse tasks, it considers the activity area and copies attributes from this activity area, such as the deconsolidation group."

And it is always important to know that you do not need activity areas. With the exception of physical inventory. But they are very helpful.

Brgds

Juergen