Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating autoload of Analysis for Office AddIn

hansi_heyderich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I'm wondering if there is another possibility to deactivate the autoload behaviour of the AddIn except going over the registry or the start-option? I found the "Addinmanager.exe" as well but this seems not to change the local settings.

My problem is that users in my company don't have the rights to change registry values (as well as the start parameters). Because of some incompatibilites with other AddIns we have to set the load behaviour to manually for some users.

We are running Version 2.1 at the moment, going up to 2.2 quite soon.

Thanks in advance.

BR,
hansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Reinhold,

There are several ways and options to influence the load behaviour.

They are explained quite well in the Admin guide of Analysis for Office (go to help.sap.com/boaa > choose your analysis version on the left > find the admin guide on the right > in the pdf locate the paragraph about 'load behaviour' which is 5.3 in the latest versions)

Hope this helps

hansi_heyderich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

so the only solution I see is really the one mentioned in the Admin guide: Changing the registry flag (or probably the one in the start options - couldn't check this as I don't have the rights to change this information).

BR,

hansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the start option of the short cut should be enough in my opinion, because i don't see when you're gonna start Analysis via the GUI or Browser.

I have the same issue with lack of authorization, but i was able to test this by not changing the standard shortcut, but creating a new one with the desired syntax.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reyemsaibot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hansi,

during the installation of AO you can decide, if the AO Addin is automatically loading or not.

Tobias

hansi_heyderich
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias - but I'm hoping more for a solution while already running the app.

Nice weekend,

hansi

reyemsaibot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi hansi,

could you deactivate the addin in the COM-Addins settings? A restart of Excel and the addin normally doesn't load automatically.

nice weekend

Tobias

hansi_heyderich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks, but the Add-In gets activated automatically after the next start of Analysis (so I would have to deactivate every time I have used Analysis....).

Think the point is really the flag in the registry.

BR,
hansi