cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESP SP10 and SAP PI via JMS protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Could anybody provide some manual how to configure the integration of ESP SP10 and SAP PI via JMS protocol?

In my case it SAP PI 7.31

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To have an idea, I need to configure ESP server so as to use the SAP Netweaver platform of our PI as the JMS provider.

In ccl project I use following code:

ATTACH OUTPUT ADAPTER MyOutputAdapter

TYPE jms_xml_out TO MyOutputStream

PROPERTIES propertyset = 'JMS XML Output' ,

connectionFactory = 'jmsfactory/default/QueueConnectionFactory' ,

jndiContextFactory = 'com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl' ,

jndiURL = 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX' ,// PI host and port

destinationType = 'QUEUE' ,

destinationName = 'My_Output_Queue' ;

I have the working ESP server with SP04 and one more for testing SP10.

Best Regards,

Michael

DJSmith
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Between SP04 and SP10, most of the  adapters that appear in the Studio Pallette have been re-written as toolkit adapters, for example jms_csv_in has become toolkit_jms_csv_input.   The original 'jms_csv_in' still exist and are supported, but the studio uses the toolkit version by default.

In the studio, you can use the properties of the adapter to switch the kind of adapter using a pull-down list.

if you could use the jms connection between SP04 and Netweaver PI, then you should be able to do that with SP10, if not, then there is an issue that needs to be reported to  SAP Customer Support.

with respect to Sam's point, about why are you using JMS? This is valid point, for example I have only done such an integration using web services adapters

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David, thank you for your reply.

I use jms_xml_in adapter with new ESP within exactly the same ccl statements.

SP10 was installed to the test system where SP04 worked fine before. Old ESP was installed and configured several years ago by colleague from SAP. Now I trying to understand how to configure JMS with SP10.

At the moment I guess that adjustments must be made in the configuration files of related folder /COCKPIT-4/services/Messaging. And some of PI libraries must be included to the ESP lib folders. The old version has the similar folder /SCC-3_2/services/Messaging, but SP04 uses eas, and SP10 uses activemq.

I hope someone else has already done it and can share the experience.

Best Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Can you please shed some light on what you're doing here in your scenario (what are you trying to achieve) and why "JMS" is being used here instead of the standard HTTP(S) interface that ESP has?

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam!

I've been involved to project with ESP SP04. In many cases JMS was used here for sending and receiving communication events. Now we have installed SP10 on test server and I'm trying to migrate old projects with minimum possible changes. Therefore I want save old logic with JMS and I need the manual or advices how to configure it.

One more technical point. Old JMS adapters have types jms_xml_in and jms_xml_out.

Best Regards,

Michael