Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button "New" in Result List (CRM 7.01)

daniel_kosfeld2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are using SolMan 7.1, and having a question regarding the "New" button in the result list of the "Search":

When this button is clicked, three different things can happen, depending on the type of search ("Incident", "Incident Templates", ...):

1) a new transaction is created, without popup (type "Incident" --> directly created: ZMIN)

2) a popup with 2 or more entries appears (type "Incident Templates" --> in popup displayed: ITIT, SMIT, ZMIT, SMRT)

3) a popup with only 1 entry appears (type "Service Requests" --> in popup displayed: ZMRQ)

When I understand note 1918666 correctly, the not desired transaction types should be set to "Inactive" to disappear. For some types this seems to be correct, for others not. For example: for Incidents, directly the transaction type ZMIN is created, without popup (but SMIN and ZMIN are both active).

So I have additionally checked the entries in DNO_CUST04.

- For Incidents, the entries PROCESS_TYPE and PROCESS_TYPE_ADD are responsible --> only one entry PROCESS_TYPE = ZMIN exists

- For Incident Templates, the entry PROCESS_TYPE_TEMPL is responsible --> only one entry PROCESS_TYPE_TEMPL = ZMIT exists

- For Service Requests, the entry SERVICE_REQUEST_TYPE is responsible --> only one entry SERVICE_REQUEST_TYPE = ZMCR exists

Does anyone know, how to control, which entries are displayed? Obviously the "Inactivation" is not the only way, to hide transaction types in the list. Or why is active transaction type SMIN not displayed, although it is "Active"?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

authorizations are checked as well, maybe you have no authorization for SMIN?

Anyways, you can check the following method:

cl_crm_uiu_bt_get_proctypes=>get_proc_types

Eventually you will come to these funciton modules:

RM_BSP_SALES_GET_PROC_TYPE

CRM_PROCTYP_FROM_OBJTYP_SEL_CB

There the seleciton is done.

On first glance they are filtered by business object BUS2000223, inactive flag and authorizations.

Best Regards,

Christoph

daniel_kosfeld2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful answer, Christoph. No, authorizations weren't the problem. I have SAP_ALL. But I've found an interesting "bug". Well, I think, it is a bug.

The transaction types for display in the popup are determined in class CL_AI_CRM_UI_API, method GET_INCIDENT_TRANSACTIONS, with the help of function module DSWP_NOTIF_READ_PROCESS_TYPE. When only one entry is determined, no popup appears, and the corresponding transaction type is created directly.

For Incidents, the entries from DNOC_USERCFG are taken into account, and only these entries are displayed, or when only one entry exists, this transaction type is directly created. This is correct.

But:

For Incident Templates, the entries from DNOC_USERCFG are also drawn, but not as expected.

One entry "PROCESS_TYPE_TEMPL" exists, but it is ignored:

During debugging, you can see, that in function module DSWP_NOTIF_READ_PROCESS_TYPE the entries with fieldname "SERVICE_REQUEST_TEMPL" are drawn and excluded from the list of template transaction types. Afterwards all other determined remaining transaction types are displayed in the popup. I have tested this, and added the following transaction types with field "SERVICE_REQUEST_TEMPL" to DNO_CUST04: ZMRT, ITIT, SMIT, SMRT. Now ZMIT is directly created, when the button "New" is clicked in Incident Templates.

I will raise an OSS message for this.

daniel_kosfeld2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Interesting:

It seems, that for displaying new custom (copied) transaction types (Z... or Y...) it is necessary to add them to DNO_CUST04, and maintain the correct channel CRM webclient UI (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2222339). This makes sense.

But to hide a transaction type from the creation popup, it is necessary to set it "Inactive" (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1918666). It is not sufficient, to remove the entries from DNO_CUST04. This doesn't make sense, from my point of view.

Answers (0)