cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Line extending past detail section?

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report which has a group. I have vertical lines and extend them into the group footer but when the report prints it extends past the detail section. I have attached a screen shot showing the problem.

Many Thanks,

Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for all the help. I tried the zoom and I am using IX R2 for design but it is still not right. I have attached a screen shot show various sections of the report. If it only goes to one page it is perfect but if the group extends to more than one page it is not right at the bottom.

Regards,

Roger

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I just sent you the updated report.

That should hopefully correct this issue.

-Abhilash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Are you using the Visual Studio version of Crystal Reports?  I say this because the same thing happened to me with the VS version.  It took me a few days before I got the idea to open the report in a standalone version of Crystal. 

The problem is the vertical line is actually anchored to the top of Group Footer 1.  The VS version makes it look like it's anchored to the bottom of the Detail section.  So the line extends to the bottom of the Group Footer. 

The standalone version was able to show the anchor points more precisely and I was able to fix it and add it back into my project. 

Hope this helps,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roger,

Another aproach is to use the "Zoom Tool"  to allow you to increase the size of the design to give you better control of where the  verticle line connects to hoziontal line.    Once you have more control,  it is much easier to prevent the lines from extending beyond thier intended locations. 

The Zoom Tool only impacts the size and resolution of the design screen,  it has no impact on the final resulting report.    

Ted

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Suppress the Group Footer.

-Abhilash

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I did that but they still drop to the bottom. I have attached a screen shot showing the design view.

Regards,

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please adjust line within the details sections... not print after details section.

--dj

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Extend the line all the way into Group Footer #1.

-Abhilash

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Attached is a sample.

Extract the zip file > A file called 'sample.txt' is extracted > Change its extension from .txt to .rpt.

-Abhilash

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

I did what you said, see attachment but still get it showing at the bottom as in the preview attached.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Please attach the report 'with saved data' to this thread or send it to my email and I'll have this fixed for you.

-Abhilash

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it will not let me add the report as an attachment.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may send it to my email.

-Abhilash