Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category change - Return order with reference to preceding sales order

Eirik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to set up in VTAA that a return order type (ZX05) with reference to a sales order type (ZX02) should get a certain item category (ZREN) on line items. But when I try to create a return order of this type, the item category is picked based on the item category from the preceding sales order. Shouldn't the setup in VTAA overrule the system's built in preference? Is there any additional setup I need to do before this will work properly?

Thanks in advance,

Eirik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eirik,

Please check the settings of item category determination for sales document type,ZX05, in VOV4. You must item category, ZREN, for, Sales doc type, ZX05, with relevant item category group.

As per knowledge, VOV4 has higher priority than VTAA. Please advise if this helps.

Thanks,

Ajmal

Eirik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajmal,

Thanks for the tip. I've checked VOV4, and the item category seems to be set up correctly there. The sales doc type ZX05 in itself works just fine with regards to item categories. It is only when used with reference to preceding order type ZX02 that the item category is wrong.I didn't find any obvious references to preceding orders in VOV4. I did try to set the wrong item category from order type ZX02 (YREN) as an entry in VOV4 under ItemCat-HgLvItem and the correct item category (ZREN) in Item Cateogry, but that didn't make any difference.

Regards,

Eirik

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How was the original item category in ZX02 order type determined?

Please share screenshots from VOV4 for both ZX02 and ZX05 orders and VTAA.

Eirik
Explorer
0 Kudos

ZX02 in VOV4:

ZX05 in VOV4 (the two marked in yellow were just something I tried, they made no difference):

ZX05 in VTAA (sorry about the language settings, the transaction wouldn't start with English settings):

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have no EN language installed in the system? Strange ...

Anyway, ItemCat Proposal in VTAA is used when you wish to override the default item category determined - e.g. if you get by default ZREN, but you want to have ZRNN . From your screenshots it seems you get by default ZREN. What happens when you leave the field blank?

At least in my system VTAA has priority over VOV4, but a custom development can override both.

Are you using by any chance BOM explosion - free goods, configurable items?

Another possibility - do you have determination with item usage (this is an easy way to force the system into using different item category determination with an info record or if you have free goods with item generation, cross-selling, product selection etc.).

I believe you have already double-checked that your item category group is indeed NORM for the sales org./distr. channel, so I will not ask you to check again .

Another possibility is if you have an exit causing problems.Do you have such processes that require some special determination logic that cannot be achieved in standard?

Eirik
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have EN installed, but for some strange reason VTAA wouldn't start with EN running.

I have deduced that there must be some setting the ZX05 inherits from the preceding ZX02 order. There are two reasons for this.

Firstly, the ZX05 without preceding order works just fine with item category ZREN.

Secondly, the ZX05 order is only used with certain profit centers (our stores/outlets) in our organisation, and these profit centers are setup not to use the item category YREN. This is further supported by the fact that if I manually change the profit center on the item line (to another of our shops), the item category changes to the correct ZREN.

We do not use BOM explosion. The item categories are rigidly setup according to what kind of warehouse location (our main storage/warehouse vs our shops) are used. In addition, there are some special item categories for certain products/product groups, but they are not in play here.

Every setup I've checked seem to support that ZX02 preceding ZX05 should give me item category ZREN, but alas no such luck.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, if I understood you correctly, you have some custom development that bypasses the standard item category determination in ZX02 (it may or may not involve additional master data setup).

Have you managed to review the source code logic - how they derive the item category? I am wondering whether this enhancement may be the reason why your configuration produces unexpected results.

I hate to suggest this, but in case the development you mentioned was poorly documented, it might be faster to debug and see what gets selected in your case.

Eirik
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was hoping I would avoid this, but I agree with you that it is probably some coding that produces these results. I will have to check with our system supllier, since we don't do any programming inhouse. Thanks Veselina, your input is much appreciated!

Regards,

Eirik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eirik,

In Item category determination screen, for ZREN high level item category you mentioned YREN. I hope this is not required.

can you please check once with out YREN.

Regards,

Shiva.

Eirik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

This was just something I tried because nothing else worked. It didn't make any difference. Also, I only tried this in our test environment, in the production environment there is no high level item category YREN for ZREN. But the result is the same for test and production.

Regards,

Eirik

loganathan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Eirik,

Did u checked the config for the return document in VOV4?