cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Valuation v/s Standard Cost Estimate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I understand that for in-house manufactured products inventory valuation is carried out on standard cost estimate in SAP.

For point number 2 in thread , in which OP asked "Inventory valuation at the period end but with next month std price. For example in the beginning of Nov month standard cost of a material is Rs 10 and stock qty is 100 then inventory valuation will be rs 1000,when we release std cost for next  month on 1st Dec let say Rs 12 and stock is same 100 qty then inventory valuation will be Rs 1200 as on 1st dec but is there any way we can reevaluate inventory of 100 qty with rs 12 on 31st Nov."

I also would like to hear from , , @Mukhtar_ali_ahmed and other learned members of the forum because client usually demands this (specially for 31st March) saying that my inventory is on historical prices (may be std cost done on 1st March) and I want it to be on latest prices i.e. of 31st March. Is there any solution for this requirement, other than ML or making manual JVs for the difference in stock values between 1st April and 31st march.

I would be grateful for your support.

Best Regards

Shalabh

sorry Nitisha, I am trying to take help in your thread but I believe it will help you and mass also.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shastri

No..there is no such way to change inventory value within period other than existing standard cost.

As you told you can only give manual JV to adjust your accounts but not at material level and Material level will show at standard cost of existing period.

kamal

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see my reply for Nitisha's question. This may help you to some extent