cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explanation Product Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In a previous post I was advised to use Product Allocation in order to 'add quantity restrictions to sales orders depending on the customer and the product', in order to prevent that the Planning department releases orders of products with a quantity that is not (entirely) reserved by a customer. This is all independent of a time period, as it will only be used for products that will not be produced anymore (which is also the reason for the importance of the restriction). The product allocation I wish to use is briefly described in the following link:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/93/744d12546011d1a7020000e829fd11/content.html

I have read and seen a few explanations (of the steps to be taken) for a correct product allocation, but these are mostly of product allocation to plants, warehouses or time periods. Can anyone perhaps provide me with some more detailed information (or a video) of the roadmap to a correct implementation of product allocation to customers (i.e. which information to fill in in the different tcodes, such as OV1Z, OV2Z, ...,  MC21, MC7F etcetera)?

The goal is that during the ATP-check (when creating a sales order) not only the stock is checked, but also the product allocation to the particular customer for the order in question and if one of the checks (inventory & product allocation to customer) states that the product is not sufficiently available, a warning is given to the user that the quantity cannot be delivered.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

Henri

Edit: I'm looking for a SAP R/3 solution, as our SAP does not include SAP APO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer this useful documents on product allocation,

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar