Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Not Exploding With SPK 40

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client is a manufacturer of gears and most of his business is running on subcontracting.

Suppose they have two plants i.e Plant A and Plant B in which there are some materials in the BOM which goes to subcontractor and then comes to plant A after they transfer the material to plant B . For that we have used SPK 40 for material in Plant A and  we assigned this procurement key to the material but when we explode the BOM by CS11 the system explodes the BOM only upto Material for which key is assigned and not exploding the components/BOM below that.

Please help as this is very urgent.

Regards,

Amit Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you get same results in CS12 ?

Check your user parameters for CS11 and CS12.

I do not see a relation between BOM explosion and SPK 40.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ameya,

Thanx for your reply..!!

I am getting same results in CS12 also.

I have tested again and found the reason as BOM Of component Y is in Plant B  not in plant A so it is not exploding but if i will use SPK 80 for component Y in Plant A system is exploding  BOM and our requirement is not getting fulfilled if we use SPK 80.

Please suggest how can we explode BOM for  alternate plant with SPK 40 as using SPK 40 our requirement seems fulfilled.

But if i use SPK 80 in Material master of highlighted material

Please help how to we can achieve this.

Regards,

Amit Sharma

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have to create a material master for the material in the issuing plant too in your case it is 1102 In SPK 40  Procurement type is  F and Procurement type   E in SPK 80 so it explode the BOM components.

Please refer useful SAP help link

Stock Transfer from Plant to Plant - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rupesh,

I  have tried to extend material master in other  plant also and in that case BOM will explode but problem is that we are running MRP with MD01 with scope of planning considering Plant 1102 and 1103 in that case system is creating double requirement.

In current situation I want only that how my BOM will get exploded for both plants using SPK 40 without extending material.

Is this possible??

Regards

Amit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In case of SPK 40 you need to have the material extended in both the plants.

SAP recommend that you consider changing the sequence in the scope of planning so that the procurement plant is planned last. So you should always run MRP in the plant where the requirements originate first.

Please refer

Total Planning - Carrying Out the Planning Run (PP-MRP-PR) - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the screenshot of different BOM.

The materials which are highlighted in screenshot ,i have assigned SPK 40 for them and there is plant to plant stock transfer at these stages.

In MD04 after MRP run system is exploding Respective BOM but not whole BOM  in CS11.

Regards,

Amit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is due to SPK 40 Procurement type is  F in that case material will be procured from another plant in that case there is no need to explode the BOM of that component as you are not going to manufacturing it.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanx for reply...!!

The requirement from client is that the BOM should be displayed for all the components w.r.t to Header material.

Shall we proceed to develop a Z-Screen/Report as a replica of CS11/CS12 where all the components can be displayed??

Or Is there any other provision ??

Regards,

Amit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Special procurement keys with settings which refer to the control of the BOM explosion.

Why do you have the BOM for the component which has to be procured from another plant?

What you will achieve by displaying  BOM? On manufacturing plant you can have the BOM and it will also display over there.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually the business is totally working on Subcontracting and in plant 1102 we will receive the material from subcontractor and then this will be transferred to plant 1103 for some operations and after which another material code gets created after doing some operations in plant 1103.That material code will get transferred to 1102 that's why BOM is maintained.

The only reason to display whole BOM is client wants to see whole BOM i.e he will pass header material and all the components should be displayed whether the components are in 1102 or 1103.

Regards,

Amit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you change the plant in MD04 you can see BOM details else you have develop custom report for it.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanx a lot for your help..!!!

I still expect if there might be any other solution in standard or i will start working on a Z-report for BOM.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (0)