cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW IP: Charecteristics relationship

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where i have posted values of Company Code, Fund Center and FM Area. I want to generate charecteristics relationship for

Employee which has Company Code, Fund Center and FM area as Navigational attributes. I wanted to generate combinationsbased on posted values. I am not able to achieve this.

Can any one help please.

Thanks,

Saranya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dr_denisreis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

what do you have in aggregation level?

Is your char. relationship based on master data?

Which InfoObject contains Employee as attribute?

Kind regards

Denis

sheldon_piao
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Have you maintained it in RSPLAN ?
For this scenario, you have to use without derivation because the employee is not source characteristic.

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

Thanks for the response. I have maintained it in RSPLAN. Source Characteristics: Company Code Fund Centre, Functional area and Target as Employee.
If I uncheck With Derive, will it bring in all the combinations?

Can you explain me more on With Derive and without Derive?

I am new to IP. In learning phase now. Sorry if that's a basic one.

Thanks,

Saranya

sheldon_piao
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

If you use Attribute option for characteristic relatioship and input Employee. It should not be possible to use employee as source with derive option. That's why I suggest you should not use derivation.

Best Regards,
Sheldon.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

please post pictures of you char relationship definition - it let´s us understand better what you have done so far.

derivation is used when you want to fill additional fields out of the char relationship - which is not possible in your case. So use "without derivation".

any more answers you can only get when you show us the pictures.

regards

Cornelia

glenn-chamuel
Explorer
0 Kudos

I understand and have used 'with derivation' ... But exactly what is the benefit of using without derivation?  What exactly does that do, if there is no relationship within the system to be leveraged?

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

I don´t know what you mean by "leveraged".

There are 3 different things what a char relationship can do

check - checks that entries are correct - either in query or in planning function

example: you fill 0fisper3 = 001 and 0fiscper = 2015003 the system will throw an error

proposal - creates the proper rows in a querie or is used for planning functions to create records according to char relationship

example: you use in filter 0fiscper = 2015003 and fiscper3 in rows, then only 003 will be shown

derivation - fills the empty char that is defined as target and not part of the aggr level

example: you have only 0fisper3 and 0fiscyear in agg level. 0fiscper will be filled by the predefined char relationship type derive

see also here

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/1c3d0f31b70701e10000000a422035/content.htm

regards

Cornelia