Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS - Importing transpor requests in a certain sequence

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a lot of transport requests in the Production importing queue (in STMS tcode) waiting to import. Now it´s the time! Now our goal is to importing all that transport requests but now I have a doubt regarding that activity. We need to import all that transport requests in a certainly order/sequence, this is, we want to perform this importation using the exactly sequence that were applied in the Quality SAP system!

We already know the order in the Quality system, to know that we went to STMS to the option menu "Importing History" and therefore we have the order of each transport request that we need to follow in the production system! We have more than 2000 order requests to import and as you understand this is a big effort to do one by one. I know there is a button in STMS that allows to do a mass importation but the problem of that is in that way the STMS mechanism doesn't care about the exactly order/sequence of each transport request that were imported in Quality system... and we must import the transport request with the same order that was done in the Quality system.

So... my question is exactly that... it´s possible to import all these transport requests in mass and do that with a specific order/sequence?

Best regards,

João Dimas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João,

One solution would be to import the orders with the appropriate sequence using a script... but according to note 2194004 - Script or batch file to import transport requests it is not supported .

The mass import is supposed to be the good solution... but I've seen many project processing import with scripts, sometime even importing the orders list twice to be able to solve the sequence issues

I'm sorry I do not have enough time to discuss that very interesting question now.

The here under notes should help you to find the most appropriate strategy.

Best regards

1568422 - Import all results in error

2213705 - Mass Transport Strategy and Sequencing

0 Kudos

We use a script as well for mass transports. The script should trigger tp 1 by 1 and capture the return code for each. It should force the script to stop if it encounters a return code > 4. You can easily achieve this by using "if" and  "else if" conditions.

Hope this helps.

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Glenn Simpelo,

Hum... really?! Can you share those scripts that you use for mass transports which import all the transport requests in sequence, one by one. Cam you share that with the community?

Thank you,

BR,

JD

0 Kudos

Hi João,

This is only applicable for unix / linux. First, maintain a file which contains the TR sequence. Then supply the file in a for loop.

for TR in `cat $TR_FILE`

do

tp pf=<tp profile> addtobuffer $TR SID

tp pf=<tp profile> import $TR SID client=XXX u1

rc=$?

if [ $rc -gt 4 ]; then

exit 999

fi

done

Hope this helps.

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you Glenn... but this is for Windows platform.

I already solve this situation. What I did was simple. I created two scripts... two .bat files. One to add all the transport requests to transport buffer and the other one for the importing task. You must run this scripts in \usr\sap\trans\bin directory.

So... the first .bat file for the "add to buffer", it contains the following lines... this is an example, it have one line for each transport request, in my specific case it contains 2651 lines (because I need to import 2651 transport requests!):

tp addtobuffer ED1K900004 EP1 pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EP1.PFL

tp addtobuffer ED1K900759 EP1 pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EP1.PFL

tp addtobuffer ED1K900040 EP1 pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EP1.PFL

Sintax -» tp addtobuffer <Transpor Request ID> <SID of target system> pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID of target system>.PFL

I ran the command as follow (addbuffer.bat >> error.txt):

Then, after that, I ran the other .bat file for the importing of all that 2651 transport requests. Once again this .bat contains one line for each transport request, which I mean that this file has 2651 lines. I will give you an example:

tp import ED1K900004 EP1 client=100 u0126 pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EP1.PFL

tp import ED1K900759 EP1 client=100 u0126 pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EP1.PFL

tp import ED1K900040 EP1 client=100 u0126 pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EP1.PFL

Sintax -» tp import <Transpor Request ID> <SID of target system> client=<Client where you want to import> u0126 pf=S:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID of target system>.PFL

I ran the command as follow (import.bat >> error_import.txt):

This method will guarantee you that the import will be done sequentially, in mass but with a specific order/sequence!

Best regards,

João Dimas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Point to consider here if you have 2000 transports into queue already and you are sure that sequence it correct then go ahead and do it with mass transport as suggested by Prithviraj. However if there is a mismatch in the queue then best option is to define a new queue and do the mass transport.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transport request in Production import queue will appear in the sequence as they were imported in Quality, if yes you can than go with selecting block of TRs and importing them (using F6) because Mass importing may or may not work in sequence as it depends on the objects carried in importing TR.

2213705 - Mass Transport Strategy and Sequencing

Importing block of TR is the better option than Mass import.

Mass import with sequence can be also achieved by importing the request from OS level as per....

Regards,

Prithviraj.