cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap ME Manufacturing web won't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We restarted the NW server and now the SAP ME main web won't start. If I try to open the page log is written:

Cannot process an HTTP request to servlet [jsp] in [manufacturing] web application.

For more details on the problem please check traces searching by logId: C000AC1178C927F400000000000014C8

During starting of me-ear i get a log:

Cannot notify listener [class com.sap.me.backgroundprocess.impl.BkgProcessorInit] that [manufacturing] web application initialization process is starting.

For more details on the problem please check traces searching by logId: null

and

Could not start managed object for application sap.com/me~ear

but the me-ear itsef starts and even some of the pages like manufacturing-admin and manufacturing-xml they work.

System trace has a lot of logs:

[EXCEPTION]

javax.ejb.EJBException: Exception in getMethodReady() for stateless bean sap.com/me~ear*xml|me.integration.collaboration.ejb-6.0.4.35.jar*xml|CollaborationDirectiveMsgBean; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.util.pool.PoolException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/me/frame/SystemBase : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed

com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.util.pool.PoolException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/me/frame/SystemBase : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.util.pool.ContainerPool.translate(ContainerPool.java:288)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.util.pool.ContainerPoolImpl.doResizeOneStepUp(ContainerPoolImpl.java:381)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.util.pool.ContainerPoolImpl.ensureNotEmpty(ContainerPoolImpl.java:345)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.util.pool.ContainerPoolImpl.pop(ContainerPoolImpl.java:312)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.StatelessInstanceLifecycleManager.getMethodReady(StatelessInstanceLifecycleManager.java:69)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.invoke(Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.java:19)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:179)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_SecurityCheck.invoke(Interceptors_SecurityCheck.java:25)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:179)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.invoke(Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.java:17)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Lock.invoke(Interceptors_Lock.java:21)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultInvocationChainsManager.startChain(DefaultInvocationChainsManager.java:138)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.java:164)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.MDBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(MDBProxyInvocationHandler.java:78)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy2679.onMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.jms.client.session.JMSSession.deliverMessage(JMSSession.java:1042)

at com.sap.jms.client.session.JMSSession.run(JMSSession.java:886)

at com.sap.jms.resourceadapter.RaServerSession.run(RaServerSession.java:139)

at com.sap.engine.services.connector.jca15.work.TaskImpl.run(TaskImpl.java:410)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:101)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:328)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/me/frame/SystemBase : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed

at com.sap.me.frame.BasicMsgBean.<init>(BasicMsgBean.java:47)

at com.sap.me.collaboration.CollaborationDirectiveMsgBean.<init>(CollaborationDirectiveMsgBean.java:24)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor621.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:357)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:310)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_ApplicationInstancesCreator.invoke(Interceptors_ApplicationInstancesCreator.java:23)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Resource.invoke(Interceptors_Resource.java:50)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:191)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_NewBeanContext.invoke(Interceptors_NewBeanContext.java:17)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultInvocationChainsManager.startCallback(DefaultInvocationChainsManager.java:152)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.StatelessInstanceLifecycleManager.makeExist(StatelessInstanceLifecycleManager.java:119)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.StatelessInstanceLifecycleManager.access$000(StatelessInstanceLifecycleManager.java:26)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.StatelessInstanceLifecycleManager$PoolUserImpl.createObject(StatelessInstanceLifecycleManager.java:39)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.util.pool.ContainerPoolImpl.doResizeOneStepUp(ContainerPoolImpl.java:376)

... 22 more

Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.sap.me.frame.BasicMsgBean.<init>(BasicMsgBean.java:47)

at com.sap.me.collaboration.CollaborationDirectiveMsgBean.<init>(CollaborationDirectiveMsgBean.java:24)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

... 38 more

Caused by: com.visiprise.frame.service.ServiceNotFoundException: Service not found: com.sap.me.common$MsSqlInterface

at com.visiprise.frame.service.impl.ServiceRegistry.lookupService(ServiceRegistry.java:87)

at com.visiprise.frame.service.impl.ServiceRegistry.getService(ServiceRegistry.java:68)

at com.visiprise.frame.service.ServiceLocator.getService(ServiceLocator.java:52)

at com.sap.me.frame.SqlInterfaceFactory.getSqlInterface(SqlInterfaceFactory.java:29)

at com.sap.me.frame.AbstractDataSource.<clinit>(AbstractDataSource.java:36)

... 42 more

Ideas? Kinda in a hurry.

Br,

Jennsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Jennsen,

The same problem was discussed in the other thread:

Re-deployment can help. I would just pay attention whether all server processes (nodes) are working well at the time you re-deploy. Perhaps, you can kill all processes except 1 and only after that try to re-deploy.

Br, Alex.

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jennsen,

Check the pools all have a green traffic light state  in NetWeaver Application Resources.

Regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All seems normal there.

Jennsen

0 Kudos

If you re-start me~ear in Start&Stop of NWA, does it throw the same error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pretty much the same. In some cases with the restart of me~ear it won't start at all, until the whole instance is booted but most of the time there is the same in trace and in normal log 3 entries like:

Cannot notify listener [class

com.sap.me.backgroundprocess.impl.BkgProcessorInit] that

[manufacturing] web

application initialization process is starting.

For more details on the problem please check traces searching by

logId: null

Cannot notify listener [class

com.sap.me.plant.client.DefaultSiteCreatorListener] that

[manufacturing] web

application initialization process is starting.

For more details on the problem please check traces searching by

logId: null

Global [startApp] operation of application [sap.com/me~ear] finished

with non-

critical warnings for [21558] ms on server process [6057150]:

0 Kudos

Once you have submitted the ticket, it would be good to stop NW instance, delete all defaultTrace files, start the instance and then collect all defaultTrace files to attach to the ticket. It might be some error before starting me~ear which causes failure at SAP ME startup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Added trace to incident ticket. Any point in posting it here also?

Br,

Jennsen

0 Kudos

Not much in the logs

It looks like that kind of issues when it is easier to re-deploy the application rather than finding out and eliminating the root cause.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Redeployed - same

Upgraded to +3 revisions same.

Br,

Jennsen

0 Kudos

Sounds very strange. If the same SAPME.sca had been working before but not now after re-deploy, then the issue is definitely not about SAPME.sca. And if so, then it should go to BC-JAS-EJB support team.

As to "re-deploy", normally it means un-deploying, checking that no "orphans" remain, and then deploying the same SCA file. Have you done it this way?

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the procedure i used:

Issue the following commands

>undeploy name=me~ws

>undeploy name=me~erpws

>undeploy name=me~auditws

>undeploy name=me~papiws

This module is sometimes not installed and you will get an error info about it. Just ignore!

>undeploy name=mesmdconfig~ear

>undeploy name=icu4j vendor=sap.com

>undeploy name=me~ear

After these undeploy commands has successfully finished you can now redeploy your SAP ME installation

IMPORTANT: When you deploy SAP ME after a undeploy you must deploy it using “New Components”, since there is now no previous deployed package of SAP ME.

Also after this kind of re-deploy you must check that all SAP ME Roles in Netweawer are correctly configured.

Br,

Jennsen

0 Kudos

Sounds pretty good.

Then BC-JAS-EJB.