cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO not saving with item category as service and no account assignment entered?

hiteshbhandari
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have created an PO, with three item with one item deleted. On saving the PO its saying "Please maintain services or limits". But the services and limit tab in item detail is empty. Therefore i cannot fill anything .

If I undelete the item again, I cannot fill anything in services or limit tab. Also Its starts displaying error "Please enter material number or account assignment category". It is a service nature item so there is no logic in entering the material number and it is not allowing me to enter any account assignment category.

I am stuck. Don't know how to save this PO.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hitesh,

what you need to do is only remove "D" from the line item and than put Account assignment "P" and then "D", and then it will not give you error while saving the PO.

Best Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

hiteshbhandari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks.... It worked....

Best Regards

Hitesh Bhandari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume how have you came into this scenario?

You have two options :

1. Remove the item category D and enter a material and then delete this line item.

2. Make the field account assignment category as optional for field selection PT9F and then you will be able to enter account assignment category.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross check personal setting for your PO screen in ME21N where account assignment category P made as default one- just change it to BLANK

OR

Now......

Just set deletion flag to the item -2 and save your PO. Now you can enter new item as item-4 with account assignment category P and item category D.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use an account assignment category for service item with item category as D.

Delete this line and create another line with AAC= say P etc, and item category = D

Regards,

Mayank

hiteshbhandari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually account assignment category is non editable(greyed) by the system. So I am unable to process your instructions.