cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issue for Query with formula variable(Replace with attribute value)

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading our system from 3.5 to 7.4. I ran the report SAP_QUERY_CHECKER_740 to see the list of affected queries which will not work in BW 7.4. All the queries whic has formula variable with replace by attribute value are showing under Queries using formulas before aggregation. Logically speaking formula variable with replace by attribute value behaves like before aggregation(Note : 1863175 - Formula Variables) so formula variable with replace with attribute value wont work in 7.4?

Regards,

Raghavendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BernhardE
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

'Calculation before Aggregation' (CBA) is a discontinued feature in BW740. Thus, your queries that are still using this feature need to be adjusted.

You may also check KBA 2205107 which is discussing this topic.

As explained in the KBA you have two possibilities on how to proceed:

- If the calculation operation commutates with the aggregation, you can just set the flag 'Calculation after Aggregation' in the QueryDesigner.

- Otherwise you need to to specify the granularity on which the formula has to be calculated and use Formula Exception Aggregation (FAGGR) to get the desired query results.

When using a formula variable replaced by attribute (that is calculated before aggregation as mentioned by you) you need to define a corresponding Formula Exception Aggregation on the underlying formula.

I hope this clarifies your question.

BR Bernhard

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a conversion factor infoobject in material and this conversion factor is multiplied with sales of the material and shown in the report, the problem is the report is not at material level and it is at category level, so i cannot add material into the report to get the required granularity any suggestions?

Regards,

Raghavendra.

former_member213692
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you use exception aggregation of summation with a reference characteristic of the material?