cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Goods Receipt for Inbound Delivery which contains nested HUs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to make partial goods receipt for inbound delivery which contains multi-level handling units.

What should be the prosedure. I read topics at SCN (i.e. Partial Goods Receipt - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki ) but It doesn't mention about nested handling units.

My scenario is like below,

Plant 1 send 10 cartoon of goods in one pallet.

Plant 2 wants to receive only 5 cartoon of them firstly as not all of them received yet.

When Plant 1 sends goods via OBD, I create IBD automaticly.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for comments.

I've find a workaround solution for it.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please update the workaround so that others can get benefited. also please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to close the thread after updating the solution

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've change status of nested HUs to PYEX, than unpack all nested HUs.

After that, I've assigned them to IBD again, then make partial goods receipt.

This is what business needs. Maybe It will not fit your scenario.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a standard warehouse best practive it is always advisable to receive full in quantity in case of STO. There are multiple thread on this exist in SCN. One of that is posted below,Please refer that https://scn.sap.com/thread/3761374

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. Yes I've read this best practise, but even for best practise scenario, as a physically, the goods are still on road. So it is not true to make full receipt.

Assume that plant 1 sent 3 trucks of goods, 1 truck has arrived with shortage. So should I make full reception for all 3 trucks?

In case of customs declarations, some goods are wating at customs too much. So we have to make partially goods receipt for what we've received.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assume that plant 1 sent 3 trucks of goods, 1 truck has arrived with shortage. So should I make full reception for all 3 trucks?

In this scenario since sender and receiver is within the same company you need to have a look on the business process if your business process says that any intransit shortage transporter is responsible then perform full receipt and raise a invoice to Transporter (if the sending site says that they dispatch in full and transporter is responsible for shortage)

In case of customs declarations, some goods are waiting at customs too much. So we have to make partially goods receipt for what we've received.

if stock is in three truck then I am sure they will have three separate IBD, Never came across a scenario where all the three truck has the same IBD (While PO reference can be same but IBD will be different)

Partial receipt is not advisable in case of STO as stock will always reflect in IN-TRANSIT stock and reconciliation is required at a later stage