Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5.112 MS - save a new member - error message - update Xceedzip.dll

wissler_bastien
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to add a new member for a dimension in consol administration.

But, BPC gives the following error message : Cannot save member sheet to the server; do you want to save it to the local machine?

According SDN forum, I tried the note 1388407 and the problem about the version of the files .dll. It must to have the good version about the file Xceedzip.dll.

Question1 : do you know the version about Xceedzip.dll for the version BPC 7.5.112? version 6.0 ou 6.5 ?

Question 2 : do you know if it must to upgrade the all file of .dll ? or only the file Xceedzip.dll?

Thanks by advance

Bastien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastien,

after sp6 the right version is 6.5, see please 1612314 - Planning and Consolidation 7.5M SP06 Central Note and installation guide for registration.

Regards

Roberto

wissler_bastien
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your answer.

I read the note 1612314. But , now , I have a problem, I dont know the version about BPC

Usually, when I connect in administration consol, I can read the version in the upper right.

For the other Customer, I can read 7.0.115.02 , so the SP is 02

But for current  customer, I only read 7.5.112

Question : how to know the SP ?

Regards

Bastien

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastien,

For the other Customer, I can read 7.0.115.02 , so the SP is 02

sorry no in this case 02 means patch level, i.e version 7.0 sp 6 patch level 2, but the version of your current customer 7.5.112 means 7.5 sp 11.

There is a note about the strange versioning numeration of SAP 1366676 - SAP BPC: What Service Pack, Patch and Build Version am I running ? this note is also difficult to find with search notes

Regards

Roberto

wissler_bastien
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your answer.

Apparently, after the tests with IT administration of client

- when I connected with Citrix in BPC console , I have the error message

- When I connected without Citrix in BPC Console (direct) , no error message, so I can update the member of dimension

Is it strange ? no?

Regards

Bastien

april_shultz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bastien,

If the error occurs on the citrix machine and not outside of citrix then the problem is the configuration with your citrix machine.  Generally this error occurs when the xceedzip.dll does not match up with the application server.  I have also seen it when group policy settings were the culprit which is usually the case anytime we deal with errors that only occur on citrix.

You may want to double check your citrix configuration and possibly reinstall the admin console. Also you should enable the server side logging in BPC and the admin conosle logging on the citrix machine and reproduce the error so you get more details in the logs and open an incident with support to analyze the logs if you need to.

Thanks

April

Answers (0)