cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment in bimonthly payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to get your view in this.  My client has two payrolls, one for monthly and another for bimonthly.  There is an allowance to be paid monthly.  For monthly, it is not an issue but I'm having problems with the bimonthly.  For bimonthly, the system is paying the allowance in every pay period.  The requirement is for it to be paid once monthly at the end of the month.

Is there an efficient way for me to check in the schema if the period is the first half of the month, don't pay the allowance and when it is second half, pay it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)You can write a PCR which would return either true or false, depending on the In period. If true, then the wage type gets generated, else the wage type does not get generated.

In the example below, I have assumed that periods in the first half of the month will be odd( & hence the PCR will return false) & those in the second half of the month will be even(hence the PCR will return true).

e.g.

CMPERMM01

=

SCOND=F IF

CMPERMM02

=

SCOND=T IF

CMPERMM03

=

SCOND=F If

CMPERMM04

=

SCOND=T IF

CMPERMM05

& so on until all your 24 period numbers are covered.

2) Next, use the above PCR to control whether the wage type is generated.

IF <above PCR>

<call wage type generation PCR>

ENDIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Thanks for the suggestion.  That's what I'm trying to avoid doing actually, but I guess there's no other efficient way. Oh well..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

you can maintain the Allowances every month in IT 0015 and here the Date of Orgin is the main key date for processing in payroll. if you give month end date then it will calculate in that particular period only. if it is monthly system will consider the WT because the date is in the pay period, if it is bi-monthly then system will check the pay-period and process the WT.

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If can be controlled by entering that amount in infotype 14 or 15 and by mentioning the month end date (if that allowance is payable through these info types).

regards,

Bala.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I think it's easy to handle by the query with Payroll Area. Since in the grass root you have bifurcated the employee's salary processing.

So if employee is in the X payroll then this allowance will be proceed else not.

Suppose you have maintained the wage type for both category of payroll related employee.
So in the PCR it will check like below.

ZCHK

OUTWPABKRS

XX

ADDWT *

YY

ZER0= NRA

ADDWT *

ADDWT *

Insert this PCR with PIT function after wage type 3333 is being proceed in the payroll schema.

Here WT3333 is the sample allowance wage type and XX & YY are two payroll area .

Regards,

Sankarsan