cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries regarding SAP MII MDO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts i want some information on SAP MII MDO, kindle help to reqolve my queries.

My understandings

1. MDO resides on top to MII (queries and transactions)

2. It can stores data in persistent mode

My queries

1. I have created Persistent MDO with data provider as one of the MDo query

2. When i run this persistent MDO bu selecting dataprovider then MDO gives outrput but on selection Cacheddata set it do not have any output

I am not sure about the reason why data is not coming when Cached dataset is chosen, i believe once persisisten MDO is run once data is cached and after that it should run on choosing cached dataset. I have checked log viewer for errors but no errors were found, also on running the MDO it is not giving any error.

Could you please let me know the probable reason for this issue , i am using MII 14.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

austin_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

You will have to configure the MDO's Lifecycle Task in the "Lifecycle" Template Category tab, For example you will have to configure a Lifecycle task which Updates or Replaces the Cached data from the source provider at the mentioned frequency. Do remember to Deploy the Lifecycle task after you define it.

Also, clarifying on your understanding, It is not like once it is run in Data Provider Mode, Data gets cached automatically. Caching is totally based on lifecycle tasks. If you choose Data Provider mode, it doesn't affect the cached dataset. But It provides latest data from the Provider itself. the cache gets updated at the next run of the frequency you have mentioned at the time creating Lifecycle task.

Regards,

Austin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Austin,

Thanks for the reply, I am able to get values now. I was not configuring the life cycle of MDO so values from cached dataset was not coming.

This answers my query.

Answers (0)