cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error :Failed to export to a pdf file -- Selected exporter does not support one of the features used in this report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I get this Error when I try to export to a PDF ;

"Failed to export to a pdf file -- Selected exporter does not support one of the features used in this report."

But I can export to CR or doc file or even XLS.

Please advice.

Thanks

Ronny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

so do I, I'm looking for the solution except font solution and rolling back update..

Isn't there a fundamental solution?

I don't expect the MS to solves an issue. :<

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, fundamental solution would in my world require that the fundamental offense is fixed(?). E.g.; MS fundamentally fixes KB3102429.

Nevertheless, I also do not expect MS to fix their "fix". So yes, SAP R&D is looking at fixing the MS fix... Possibly SP 16 - ETA 1st Q 2016.

Other than rolling back, you can use other fonts - search, there is a Discussion here where someone lists fonts not affected by the MS fix.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

If I get SP 16, do i use it on CR ver. 10?

If not, should i buy the updated version?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't understand:

If I get SP 16, do i use it on CR ver. 10?

SP 16 is for 'SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET", not CR 10... not sure how CR 10 got into the picture here(?)

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still looking for a solution.

Problem to export to PDF came on hundreds of our users, sudenly, by december/2015.

I think this is not acceptable, to wait until you find the real cause!

Any news?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of CR?

What OS?

Confirm that you are exporting from the CR designer?

Do other reports export?

Create a new test report with no db connection, no contents of any sort. Does this export?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I am using CR XI

and the OS Win 7

I us VB.Net and CR reports are compiled along with it.

I can export to word Doc and others except to PDF

It was working fine until y'day.

I created a test report and compiled and ran it from my client machine and it wont export to PDF, but will export to Doc and XLS and CR.

Some one said it could be a font problem that CR is not accepting, but did not give a solution.

Thanks

Ronny.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One example given on the intranet was where a Crystal Report was using Times New Roman font and would not export to a PDF. They said they changed the font to Georgia and then could do the export. I just had a similar issue, and this worked for me.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That could be it - change the font. Apparently Microsoft pushed out a security "fix" that is essentially locking some fonts. Only current work-around is to uninstall the "fix". Our R&D is looking into how to fix CR so it will work with the MS fix...

However, the fix would be only for SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET (maybe CR 2008), but certainly not for CR XI R2 as that version has been out of support for something like three years now.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you give explain how and where I would have to change the font style.

Thanks

Ronny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

any idea as to where I would have to change the font?

Thanks

Ronny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Ludeck. Could you please inform us which FIX exactly caused this?

Problerm occurs on any plain Arial single table report!

thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a MS security update, I believe it's KB3102429

- Ludek