cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical user interface for EPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Environment: EPM NW 10.1 Classic

One of my client is challenging EPM NW implementation because their team doesn't like excel based number punching environment.

They are looking for user intuitive/graphical drag and drop , driver based planning.

Has anyone tried a drag and drop planning approach .. what add-ons can we have to provide such an intuitive , drag and drop, drill down and graphical interface to support planning model.

We have BO but not sure if BO can be used to create interface for planning. If any pointers are there , highly appreciated

~Dilkins

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

One of the key benefits of BPC is Excel interface And because of Excel you have a great flexibility creating input forms and reports. It can be enhanced by VBA code...

What you are talking about - is a separate application that has to be customized for the specific requirements. And it's not a BPC

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim. While i am aware, just thought of checking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

While i understand, my client is insisting on a GUI for planning. Is there any desgn option

to expose planning data using BO or other integration.

- Primary planning done in BPC  (powered by HANA, 10.1 classic or unified)

- Product  volume and price mix what_if analysis needed using graphical interface

- Revenue calculation based on changed mix on the fly

- what_if scenario to be saved back to BPC

I am wondering if it is feasible to expose BPC data in BO for interactive calculations and once user hit save, send the data back to BPC.

I am ready to explore any design suggestions. I know it is not typical BPC but given the challenge i am trying to find  feasible options.

~Dilkins

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Due to very specific requirements I don't think that BO will help... You can create a very complex application in VBA/Excel to perform what_if analysis. Other options will be even worse !

Vadim

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilkins,

You can try using Dashbords (aka Xcelsius). It should satisfy top 3 of your criteria, not sure about writing back.

Regards,

Gersh

Answers (0)