cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive files in 14 days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am just wondering is it possible to wait for 14 days to archive the file after using the file adapter send the file successfully? Can PI archive the file in 14 days automatically?

Thank you in advance!

Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about the archiving on the File from Sender (Sender Adapter)? If Yes, then

-  You can archive this file as long as you want (it's going to be on your file system).

Are you talking about the archiving of the  File you are sending to the target system (Receiver) Adapter? If Yes, then

-  You can archive this file using one of the option provided :

Are you talking about the archiving of the  XML (Inbound Message in Intergration Engine )? If Yes, then

See the link - Archiving and Deleting - Integration Engine - SAP Library

By default it's 30 days.

Thank you,

Justin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Justin !

What I was wondering is after the file is sent to target successfully and still let the file sitting in the sender folder, and for 14 days, then I will archive this file to a archive folder. Is this possible?

Blue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can run your interface in test mode if your file names are unique. This will make sure that the files are not deleted from source direcotry.

Then for archiving you can create another interface which runs only twice in a month to archive all the files.

Thanks.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Blue,

Can you tell the necessity of such a requirement? You want to save the file in your file system for 14 days after processing?

If this is the requirement, then use processing mode as Archive and keep the file temporarily available in the folder for 14 days and schedule a batch job at the back-end to archive the files from archive folder.

I suggest not to use a PI interface to just archive the file after 14 days. Back-end job is the best suitable method.

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (0)