SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMIGALL object for updating not creating object instances

LeeFung
Participant
0 Kudos

I am familiar with EMIGALL objects being used for creating business object instances / data objects in SAP ECC IS-U. ... But I don't recall an instance where I used it to update any data in ECC.... how should I get started with this?   I am very familiar with LSMW using BDC, BAPI, EDI, DI  -- direct input  -- for updating data....

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain the equivalent fields you need updated & declare the key either by transfer, or if you have the KSM reference, you can declare that by proxy.

Its not hugely different from creating.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain the equivalent fields you need updated & declare the key either by transfer, or if you have the KSM reference, you can declare that by proxy.

Its not hugely different from creating.

0 Kudos

Thanks... so you are saying exactly the same file, but instead of using a legacy key via KSM, just declare the key in SAP instead?   

0 Kudos

Essentially, depending on the migration object used. You will need to manage the fields to expect direct transfer of data rather than deriving from KSM. Some objects also have fixed values (OBJCLASS-EMG_CLS_HEADER-OBJECT_TYPE = EQUI for instance) but are actually generically functional to maintain data for equivalent objects if maintained to transfer the value instead.

EMIGALL is neat.

0 Kudos

I could not find a way to update the CONNOBJ objects already in SAP.  Using EMIGALL, how do I identify each block on the load file to be corresponding to a CONNECTION OBJECT already existing in SAP?  It's easy to do with LSMW but not sure how to do it in EMIGALL.

0 Kudos

use FUNCLOCCHA ensuring KEY-TPLNR is set to generate & transfer.

declare your connection object, & whatever other data amendments you require in the subsequent structures available.

This is advised in the CONNOBJ Migration object documentation in EMIGALL itself.

Migration object FUNCLOCCHA documentation also has a nice level of detail for its use.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Daniel.  I understand what you are saying about migration object: CONNOBJ. For a migration object like INST_MGMT, where in the documentation it does not clearly specify what object to use to modify data, what can I do in this situation?   Writing a BDC from LSMW would be easy but my boss wanted to use EMIGALL for everything.

0 Kudos

INST_MGMT is used for maintaining existing entities directly.

I'll agree that figuring out its use is more problematic, but experience in Device Management really helps in interpreting the documentation.

review the documentation at the INST_MGMT-INTERFACE-ACTION field level to get an example.

Then for instance generate & transfer the generate & transfer INST_MGMT-DI_GER-EQUNRNEU in the structure & provide the equipment number in SAP to that field.