cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 127.0.0.1 pops up while logon on sap gui 720

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

I installed SAP on my virtual machine with XP on it. i installed SAP gui 720 on it and when trying to logon on it this error 127.0.0.1 pops up  connection refused. the parameters are application server as "localhost" , instance number "00' and sid is NSP. I also load MS loop adapter and configure it with same ip address. I ping the IP address and it is working. then i checked my SAP MMC . so its not showing any syatem now. I saw my NSP with green light here before then it turned to blue and grey. Now its nothing showing there. Anybody help ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi , Isaias

Thank you for your response. so i do check the hostfile with the localhost name to correct entry. i also check the service file at same location but i am not sure waht i need to check exactly. As the error talks about sapdp00 , so in services i saw sapdp00 with 3200tcp entry like that. Is that samething what you ask me to check.Lastly i can not see any sap system running in console so that means it is down or not working. how to retrieve that or start the system again. when i open mmc for first time my NSP was green then there are two with blue and grey colors. Now there is nothing. I also checked servieces under control panel - administrative tools - services and sap nsp_oo . it is stopped there. when i try to start it some message pops up like sapnsp_00 service on local computer started and hen stopped. some stop automatically if they have no work to do .Any suggestions from here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The services file should have entries like

sapdp00 3200/tcp

sapgw00 3300/tcp

sapms 3600/tcp

You need to find the reason why the service is stopping after start.

Check if the service is running with SAPServiceSID user. Check the event log if there is any error registered.

Regards,

Prirthviraj.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try starting the service again (this is to cause the service startup issue again).

Then, verify for files that were changed at the "work" folder of the instance (\usr\sap\SID\INSTANCE\work).

You can also double click at the service and confirm that it is pointing to the correct file path (sapstartsrv.exe) and profile file (the file indicated after the "pf=" argument of the service command line).

Regards,

Isaías

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

If SAP was gray at the SAP MMC it would mean that SAP was not running.

If you don't see the instance at the SAP MMC anymore, it could be because the service SAP<SID>_<Instance Number> is not running (check the Windows Services).

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

First you need to check if your SAP system is up and running.

Second make sure you have localhost defined correctly in  host file @ "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" with entry "127.0.0.1 localhost"

And finally check the service file at the same location has the proper entry.

Once done give a try and let us know if you still face the issue.

Regards,

Prithviraj.