cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while searching.: Index is not ready. Please try again later (PSS 01004). (PSS 01004)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have been spending lot of time on SCN to find the issue I am facing with Platform search application. In my experience I thought by default level of indexing for platform search is set to platform metadata. But somehow that wasn't the case for me, It was defaulted to full content, I am using SAP BO 4.1 SP04. My drive was almost 30 GB. but checking that full content help me understand that was because of that. So after doing some research I deleted PlatformSearchData folder of-course after taking backup and following steps like stopping APS.  I have created new APS  not just for platform search. After deleting when I restart APS PlatformSearchData in my default directory is being created but under that all I see is workplace folder. Steps I have followed are as below.

• Stop adaptive processing server
  • Delete PlatformSearchData Folder
  • Start Adaptive Processing server
  • Waiting till everything is up and running
  • Once APS is up. Go to application --> platform search application
  • choose Scheduled scrawling
  • level of indexing choose very first one which is platform metadata
  • tick on rebuild indexes
  • save and close
  • go to folders-->platform search scheduling folder
  • right click and run

My understanding is rebuild index will be automatically ticked off once scheduled job is finished. I know by default this job time is 20 mins. But after running the job I always see indexed document is 0 and the time stamp is 3 months old even after I have deleted PlatformSearchData folder.

First time i did above steps at night expecting to see numbers in indexed documents but nothing happened. everything was as it was. the only difference was indexing had stopped. so next time I decided to monitor the whole process and what i noticed what after starting the scheduled job by choosing run now even before that job is finished by indexing stops. I don't know what the issue is, I have sandbox environment where above steps works beautifully but in my production from last two weeks i have gotten no where.

This is now become as my first priority as everyone in the company is not able to search anything and raising concerns. can anyone please help me solve this issue. ?

Thanks in advance,

Happy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for replying, As it involves restarting SIA I will be performing this task next week. Mean while I am trying what Akram has suggested,

I will get back to you once I try.

Thanks

Happy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As the indexed job still 0, the issue may be the one described by this KBA 2231627 - The Platform Search does not work due to no object in Content Store Merge .

It might that some network issue happens between the specific share folder
and BO server due to unknown reasons.

You can ensure that correspond to your issue by using SAP BI Platform Support
Tool to run the report, you should find that the value of SI_PLATFORM_SEARCH_SERVICE_CONTENT_ACTION
in Platform Search Application is 0

If this the case please proceed with the solution as reported in the KBA.

T&R,

Akram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akram,

Thanks for getting back to me. I downloaded and installed the tool. When I am running platfrom search report from BI Support tool I am getting Index 2; Size 2 error.

Screenshot is attached.

Any idea about this error. ?

my environment is not clustered but I have created APS copies in same server. We have changes input and output file repository.

the note you told me to try says I should change master index location but I am not sure how to do that. can you help me with that ?

Thanks

Happy

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a Cluster Env?

Try resetting though this SAP note :-

2004728 - BI 4.0 - How to reset the Platform Search Index