cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal period for reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have this sample report that I want to run with Data that I have loaded into BPC from BW.

But the report has to be run using the Fiscal Period and the Fiscal Period is from April-01 to March-31.

Currently my report is running with Calendar year and I would like to run it using the Fiscal Period. I had earlier written a Logic Script with some help and this Logic script was calculating the Plan value for Current Year based on the Actuals of the Previous two years.

Now the requirement has been shifted to do the same, but instead using Fiscal period.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Please share your requirement in detail by some screenshot. You can try to load data using fiscal period.

Best Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

This is the screenshot of the data that needs to be derived. Plan data from Actuals of previous two years.

Do let me know if this is sufficient or if any other detail is required.

Thanks,

Mario

former_member228522
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Please share your script and also please share about Actuals and Plan data like in both would you want to want Calendar year or fiscal year?

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Script:

*FOR %M% = $BUDGET_YEAR$.01,$BUDGET_YEAR$.02,$BUDGET_YEAR$.03,$BUDGET_YEAR$.04,$BUDGET_YEAR$.05,$BUDGET_YEAR$.06,$BUDGET_YEAR$.07,$BUDGET_YEAR$.08,$BUDGET_YEAR$.09,$BUDGET_YEAR$.10,$BUDGET_YEAR$.11,$BUDGET_YEAR$.12

*XDIM_MEMBERSET TIME = TMVL(-12,%M%), TMVL(-24,%M%)

*XDIM_MEMBERSET CATEGORY_VTYPE = 10

*WHEN TIME

*IS *

*WHEN CATEGORY_VTYPE

*IS 10

*REC(EXPRESSION = %VALUE%/2, TIME = %M%, CATEGORY_VTYPE = 20)

*ENDWHEN

*ENDWHEN

*NEXT

//Where $BUDGET_YEAR$ is taken from prompt value. Prompting for Year to calculate Plan data for that prompted year.

For both Plan and Actuals I would like it for Fiscal Year.

Thanks,

Mario

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all you have to change your time dimension to reflect fiscal year. In most of you reports you will use fiscal year.

You can simply change the description of months (description will be a calendar month):

ID             Description PARENTH1  YEAR

2015.01   2015.APR   2015.Q1       2015

2015.02   2015.MAY   2015.Q1       2015

2015.09   2015.DEC   2015.Q3       2015

2015.10   2016.JAN    2015.Q4       2015

2015.12   2015.MAR   2015.Q4       2015

Load data to fiscal months and use the same script.

If you want ID's to look like calendar months then you have to change hierarchy.

Vadim