Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out roles needed

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am debugging a program and do not have change access in debugging and also for few programs the authority-check is failing.
The basis team has asked for a list of roles for which i need access. Can someone help me in finding the role for getting access to change variables in debug mode, role for going through the authority-check etc?. I am sure a related post must already be there in SCN. It is just that i couldn't trace it out.

To put it simple, if there is an authority-check failing, the basis team wants to know what roles are needed so that they can assign and similarly for other issues like edit option in debug, display access for few tcodes etc.

Advance thanks for your help.

Regards,

Prem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

works in anycase :

trans. ST01 to make an authorization trace and known the object to check

trans. SUIM : to find where the object is assign to a profile

check object S_DEVELOP  with object DEBUG and statut 01 (or 02)

regards

Fred

9 REPLIES 9

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

works in anycase :

trans. ST01 to make an authorization trace and known the object to check

trans. SUIM : to find where the object is assign to a profile

check object S_DEVELOP  with object DEBUG and statut 01 (or 02)

regards

Fred

0 Kudos

Thanks Fred.

Do you have any documents like step by step to get this done. To be frank, I have never checked this and am not aware of what is the purpose of ST01 or SUIM is .

Regards,

Prem

0 Kudos

ST01

- check Authorization

- Press button activate (F7)

Do your debug, and try to modify

ST01

- Press button desactivate (F8)

- Press button Display  (F2)

and you will see the SY-SUBRC = 4   authorization failed

for SUIM is a set of program, you have to try it, it's very simple

Fred

0 Kudos

Thanks Fred. One last question, is SU53 also a good option?

BR,

Prem

0 Kudos

For me SU53 is a bad friend.

SU53 give you only the last control, not all the controls. And sometimes the failed control is not the last one.

so it could work, if you are lucky

Fred

0 Kudos

Then you gave up too early.. 🙂

About 3 years ago SAP released Note 1671117 -> configurable number of failed checks with default = 100.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are getting the authority-check failing error, execute /nSU53. You'll get some authorization object with required values in red marked.

From SUIM, follow the path Roles->By Authorizations values, put the object name there and press enter. Then give the required values and execute.

You'll get the list of roles containing the object and values.

Thanks,

Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 options -

you can ask them to create single roles that has s_develop with DEBUG on object type field and * in all rest of the authorization fields, or you can ask them to assign you the standart role for abap developers sap_bc_dwb_abapdeveloper (less recomended).

Avi

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all.