cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Personas 3.0 PA40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am new in Personas and I am trying to simplify transaction PA40 in HCM, in order to bring the first three screens in one...

Transaction PA40 refers to Personnel actions and brings consequently one infotype after another (first appears PA0000, then PA0001, PA0002 etc.)

As fas as I understand from what I have read so far, this is possible through scripting.

Can you please help me from where I have to start?

Should we have to create custom fields in the first screen where the user will enter correspond values and with scripting these values to be entered in the tables of P0001, P0002 etc. ?

Any feedback, suggestions will be appreciated .

Kind regards,

Niki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the right idea. Add new custom fields on the first screen to match those on subsequent screens, and then replace the standard "Save" button with a script button (possibly looking identical to the standard one!) that copies those values to the necessary places before pressing the standard save button.

There are lots of hints and tips in blogs here on SCN and on the Personas Wiki. Start reading through some of those and get back to us when you have specific questions and things you can't figure out how to do. There are people around who have automated PA40 transactions in similar ways, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your answer!

I will start from adding the new fields in the screen and matching them with the relevant screens and I will come back in case we need more help...

Kind Regards,

Niki

Answers (0)