Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of entries from A580 table

sanjay_deshpande4
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

Kindly guide whetehr its advisable to delete entries from A580 as this is standard table?

If yes how to delete?

Is there any BAPI available for this?

Thnaks.

14 REPLIES 14

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As this table is important one as this is used for Access sequence finding in Sales.

I hope you enter data to this table through SPRO , so i think if you remove from table by using SPRO or standard tcode it will update respective table , instead direct delete from Table.

0 Kudos

Table is getting updated from VK11.

Kindly guide further.

0 Kudos

I just want to delete some entries from aforesaid A580 table without affecting consistancy.

Kindly guide further.

0 Kudos

when you define the condition type then you are actually defining whether a deletion will be a hard deletion from the data base or just setting the deletion indicator.

This is usually decided based on the legal and internal audit requirements.

And if the records are still there with a deletion indicator then you need to use data archiving process to write it into an archive (where it still can be accessed and reviewed from auditors and retained for several years based on the legal requirements) and delete it physically from the tables.

Why don't you want to make an exception to any other data, or do you also delete purchase orders or sales orders from the tables?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a price condition table and obsolete records have to be archived using the object SD_COND

This object is not as easy as other archiving objects, nobody must maintain price conditions during the time of archiving  otherwise this can create inconsistencies and even deletion of records that you did not want to be archived.

0 Kudos

I just want to delete some entries from aforesaid A580 table without affecting consistancy.

Kindly guide further.

0 Kudos

You can use trx SE16N (in Debug-Mode SET gd-edit & gd-sapedit TO 'X') to edit A580 table if you absolutely sure about keep consistency!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope that in a well secured production environment nobody will have this authority, maybe only through a firefighter role.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

WHen i did where used on table and key fielsd, I am not finding any programm or table or structure found.

Does that mean there are no dependancies?

Kindly guide.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just use SE16 to display what you see in A580, and then compare it with the data maintained through VK11, this alone should already give you the impression that A580 does not stand alone. For example, do you see the prices in A580?

In the transaction DB15 you can see all tables belonging to an archive object, so you would  need to take care about all of them to avoid creating inconsistencies.

0 Kudos

Although no dependencies found by the system you can not be sure that there really are no dependencies.

Be aware!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try report RV12A002

Regards

0 Kudos

Can this report be used to delete specific entries of database?

Kindly guide.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this report deletes the entire table from the system.

You should always double check e.g. in help.sap.com and support.sap.com and SCN if you could get more information on such thrown in report names