cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Private Key authentication type in SFTP Receiver Channel with PGP Encryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SOAP Proxy to SFTP receiver with PGP encryption.

While placing the file into target directory with authentication method as  Private Key I am getting the below error. where as it is working if I go with Password type authentication.

error Log:

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: received authentication request from server which could not be processed: destination=varianmd@papidadb.cis.varian.com; name=; instruction=prompt=Password:

Can you please help me with this.

Appreciated the quick reply.

Thanks,

Gayathri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri

I faced this issue sometime back and it was because the SFTP server has keyboard interactive authentication switched on. Refer to SAP Note 1945020.

Check with the SFTP server admin if they can turn that off.

When I was trying to resolve this issue, I also came across SAP Note 2073667. It also mentions the same error message. You might want to check that too to see if your SFTP adapter is at the right patch level so that the jSch library is an updated one.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Now the issue got resolved thanks for the inputs. Finally BASIS team has resolved the issue.

Nothing missed from PI end. There were some security checks missed while generating the Keys.

Thanks,

Gayathri.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri

For the benefit of others, can you share what exactly was missing from the security checks? This will help others who come across the same issue in the future.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Unfortunately we still facing the issue. We have raised an SAP Note on the same.

I will let you know the status.

Thanks,

Gayathri.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using certificate for authentication then you need to generate private and public key in your PI server have you shared this public key to the third party ?

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

What I am doing here is I am not testing this with third party, first i am doing in PI development server it self. Basis team has generated keys.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are trying to connect an SFTP server through certificate , then that respective server should have the public key . Then only you will be able to connect the server with certificate authentication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

yes, we have our public key with us. But still we are facing the issue.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need a clarification here.. You are trying to send a file to sftp serve from pi system , now the target serve i.e sftp server do u own this server? 

Genraly keys are generated from pi system(private and public) p the Public cer is then installed in the sftp server for which u want to connect,  however try checking this Public key is installed in sftp server correctly or not

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gayathri check whether you have done all the configs as per the blog

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gayathri,

It could be due to FTP permission as well. Not sure it will help, but please double check.

Communication channel Error&amp;nbsp; for SFTP Adapter | SCN

Thank you,

Justin.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gayathri,

Your key has validity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I am not sure how to check the validity, what do you mean by validity?

Is it Expiry date or something else that we need to check.

Thanks,

Gayathri.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Gayathri,

Check the expiry of the certficate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Basis team has created it on today so it has 20 years of time to expire.

Can you suggest anything else that we need to look into

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gayathri,

It could be because of incorrect user name and password

Check the below link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

If I go with Private Key authentication method where Password will come into the picture.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oh..ya..its for password based authentication.

Ignore the link.

Then it could be issue with the certficate only..

can you check if all the steps are followed as per the below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...