cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planned order/purch req. not generated for schedule lines when running mrp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I am facing an interesting issue. I have two different items with different item categories in a Sales Scheduling Agreement. In both lines I have entered the same material code.

This material code does not have neither MRP group, nor Strategy Group (blank).

The MRP type is: PD

Both lines have generated the same Requirement Type: 041 in the scheduling agreement document.

However, (and now it comes the tricky stuff), when running the MRP (transaction MD03), one of the lines generates a need and therefore takes the available stock in order to fulfill that need but the other does not generate anything, the availability quantity remains negative and no purchase order is created (and neither it takes into account the available stock).

I checked the transaction OVZI which links the Sales Item Category and the Requirement type, and for both item categories there are no entries for the MRP type PD. And the entry in that table which has no MRP type (blank), it´s the same for both.

So, I assume that there must be some configuration that I am missing where it takes into account the item category in order to consider the need and create a purchase requisition or take into account the available stock.

Could you please help?

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 1: The item 10 considers the available stock.

Screenshot 2: The item 20 does not consider the available stock and neither creates a purchase requisition.

Screenshot 3: Scheduling Agreement with the requirement type per item. The same for both.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antonio,

This is rather bizarre.  In your item 10, the material is transferring requirements into the MTS segment, but in your item 20, the material is transferring requirements into the MTO segment.

I believe someone has been 'fiddling' with configuration of either item categories, schedule line categories, or settings in the material master, during the time after item 10 was created but before item 20 was created.

Depending upon what was changed, and when it was changed, running program SDRQCR21 against this material might correct the item that does not match with the current config and master data settings.  Or, easier, you should just reject this SA, and start with a new one.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answer, DB49,

But it didn´t work. I ran that program and it didn´t find anything wrong, and I created a new scheduling agreement getting the same results than before.

In case it helps, the only difference between the two item categories which i am using is that the second item category has special stock E, that makes that the availability checking rule is AE, whereas the first item category has the availabithy checking rule A.

That´s the only difference that I have found, but I think that, even though the second item has special stock E, the MRP should plan this and create a Purch. Requisition allocated to the Sales Sch. Agreement document; however it still does nothing.

Kind regards,

Antonio