cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying a (read-only) SQL query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We're running the trial version of CR2013 before taking the $500 plunge, and have a question regarding the SQL query.  We've finally built our report with all the complex groups, sum total and formatting to fit our needs.  We now need to be able to adjust our report so that it presents data within a certain date range, but I cannot modify the SQL statement to include a "WHERE x BETWEEN 'DATE' and 'DATE' " statement.  I've tried creating a new COMMAND with the proper sql query, but it does not apply to the report we've built.  Is there any other way I control the date range of the data being pulled?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you've just joined tables together, you'll need to use the Select Expert to create this filter.  If you're using just a command, you'll need to add parameters in the Command Editor and use them in the Where clause there.  See my blog post for more info about commands and how to use parameters: 

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I needed!  It all works well now.  Thanks for the prompt reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elias,

The code inside the record selection formula is what gets translated to the where clause (if the report is exclusively built using just tables).

If you've used date conversion functions here, the formula is not converted to the where clause (there are many other causes too).

Could you paste the selection formula here, please.

-Abhilash