cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTL WWI Template setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create an SDS and Label using WWI where the data is output as Right to Left (RTL).  I have a standard  SDS in RTL format that SAP has provided, but am getting some different behavior when I try to insert some symbols myself.

Basically I see that the template from SAP althought the symbols are starting on the right side of the page, but the whole page is left aligned.  Not sure how this is possible, but seems to me that there is some setting that we can make when creating a template so that it can be RTL, Vs. Right aligned.

I looked at note 1507738 and it mentions these few points...

• Activate the relevant languages in the MS Office language settings tool; refer to SAP note 939928.
    • Activate the languages on the WWI server and on the Front end.

I validated that this is ok.  We are able to generate the SDS in Arabic with no issues, and the text is read from RTL

• WWI report templates must also be formatted right to left for right to left languages (not right-aligned).

I am unable to figure out how to do this.  I see SAP has achieved this, but am lost to how they did it.  I am hoping someone here may be able to help out.

• Be aware of the correct right to left layout, for example mirrored tables.

I am not usre what this means, I am unable to get to this point where I have the layout as right to left. 

Hope this is clear!

Thanks,

Niraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Niraj Kakad wrote:

• WWI report templates must also be formatted right to left for right to left languages (not right-aligned).

I am unable to figure out how to do this.  I see SAP has achieved this, but am lost to how they did it.  I am hoping someone here may be able to help out.

Please see this link :

right to left - How to switch writing direction (LTR/RTL) in Word 2007? - Super User

Hope this helps on LTR RTL Problem.

Solution might be different for a different word version.

In my word version (Word 2013) it was already there when I just checked:

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the repsonse!!!

The link you provided solves the issue in full.

I would like to add some thoughts for the community....

I tried to make the change to the ribbon in CG42, but it was greyed out.  I then logged onto the WWI Server thinking I could make the change there and it would be globally available in CG42, but that also did not work.  Lastly I customized the ribbon on my local MS Word on my PC and the options became available.

Long story  short, this setting needs to be done to the local copy of MS Word for any user who may be editing Report Templates with RTL Languages.

Thanks for thte ongoing support!

Niraj

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niraj

may be check: current WWI version is now "SP41". Lot of updates done by SAP. May be story is now different

C.B.

Answers (0)