cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How re-ordonnance fields in a SAP Personas Page ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a SAP Personas page based on the transaction CAT2.

By the time, I have changed or added field in my screen.

Now when I use the TAB to access the field, the system is jumping from one field to another field, which does not correspond to the layout of the screen.

My question is to know how should I proceed to "re-ordonnance" the Text Field in order to access the Field, by TAB, corresponding of the screen layout ?

Thank you for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for all your research and answers.

I have Personas 3, SP2. I changed Zindex and / or tabToElement,but there is none influence on the Input Text Field order.

cheers,

JM

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please implement the following notes to fix tabToElement:

After specifying the tabToElement order, you have to reload the flavor for it to take effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

We have implemented the two notes.

The tabToElement appears now in the Advanced Property Editor. I made different tests by changing the order, but the problem has not been solved (reaching the Text Field by TAB in a correct order).

Thank you for your support.

best regards,

Jean-Maurice

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you remember to reload the flavor (by switching to another one then back)?

If yes and it still doesn't work, the next suggestion would be to create an OSS incident so we can look at the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Screen personas SP02 we have got this features of Tab index.

You need to Goto - Home -> More Options -> Advance -> Zindex.

Provide the sequence of Tab you require in your screen.

Screenshot attached.

Please rate if your issue get solved.

regards,

Vipul Koladia

Former Member
0 Kudos

zIndex controls the layering of objects on the screen - which are in front of which. It does not control tab order.

If that is an SP02 system, then scroll up through the properties - I'd expect tab order to be just above. As I said, I don't have SP02 installed yet so can't check myself.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We have a row with Name as " tabToElement " Datatype as " String " Value as " Input text box ".

regards,

Vipul

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess, not being able to test it, is that that would be the object ID of the screen element that "TAB" should move to, when the current element has focus. Try it and let us all know!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I have tried using the Object Id but it is still not taking the control.

I have pass the ID of one text field to the Tab field of the another field but still it is somehow not working.

regards,

Vipul

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

tabToElement should work but due to a bug it doesn't. We are working on a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Again thank you everone for your search and your feedback.

Thank you also Tamas for taking care of this bug.

best regards,

Jean-Maurice

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're running Personas 3, right? Mohanraj Nanjappan's screenshot is from Personas 2.

Control of tab order was not originally available in Personas 3. It was planned for SP02, but I haven't applied the patch to my system yet so I can't tell if it is actually there. Perhaps somebody from SAP can confirm? Tamas Hoznek, do you know?

Assuming it is, you'll need to plan to apply SP02 and a kernel patch (SP02 requires at least kernel 7.42 pl300).

Steve.

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each input field on the screen have a property called TabIndex. TAB key navigation on the screen is based on the values set for this property. You can change ths property value to use TAB key in the order you want to navigate.

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan,

Thank you for your search and explanation.
I tried to find the place where to change the property, of an input field (Home / More Options / Advanced), but I have not found the property "TabIndex". I guess I am not searching in the right place.

Do you have the possibility to join a printscreen where I can find it, please ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Jean-Maurice

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to below screen for details.