cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link conversion file to transformation file of another model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a transformation file in Model: "ALLOCATIONS": "COST CENTER FLAT FILE LOAD.XLS"

I have a conversion file in Model: "Consolidation": "CONVERT FROM GL ACOUNTTO GROUP COA.XLS"

Is it possible to make the Transformation file in "ALLOCATIONS" Model reference the Conversion File in "Consolidation" Model?

Thanks and Regards,

Collin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, this is not possible. You need a copy in ALLOCATIONS.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I have made a copy for now.

Though Practically what would happen is there would be frequent changes happening to the conversion file in Consolidation Model. Then independently we will need to update the conversion file in Allocations Model. This is a double effort/ maintenance required on the part of the users which we are trying to avoid. Moreover there are high chances a user might update the conversion file in Consolidation Model and forget to update in Allocations Model leading to reconciliation issues.

If it is not possible to reference the conversion file across models, can you please suggest any other way I can go about to syncing up two Conversion files automatically without double maintenance?

I was also curious, where is file path/ server folder maintained in the system to tell the System where the Conversion file is located. because if I am not mistaken we only mentioned the File name (optionally Sheet name within the file).

I tried something like similar to how we hard code a transformation file in a "/CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI" DM package (as can be seen below):

*CONVERSION

ACCOUNT=\ROOT\WEBFOLDERS\%ENVIRONMENT%\CONSOLIDATION\DATAMANAGER\CONVERSIONFILES\FINAL\CONVERT FROM GL ACCOUNT TO GROUP COA.xls

But I am getting an error Conversion File Does not exist.

I am guessing the file path of the conversion file is hardcoded somewhere in some program or table. Can someone please share some information on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Collin.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ups, what do you mean by:

...LDERS\%ENVIRONMENT%\CONSOL...

You can't use variables here...

And the root for conversion file location is

\ROOT\WEBFOLDERS\ENVIRONMENTNAME\MODELNAME\DATAMANAGER\CONVERSIONFILES\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I did not want to reveal the Actual Environment name so I replaced it with %ENVIRONMENT% in my post.

Thanks and Regards,

Collin.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can see the prefix: \ROOT\WEBFOLDERS\ENVIRONMENTNAME\MODELNAME\DATAMANAGER\CONVERSIONFILES\ is automatically added to the file path in *CONVERSION

Vadim