Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requests cannot be released during the upgrade

former_member197078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am haveing problem in Releasing Transport request , My system upgrade were restore back , after that when i Release a Transport request it came up with a Dialog box saying

I checked the Tabel UVERS it contain following

do i need to delete the entries from the tabel

how to solve the problem

Regards

SROY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197078
Participant

Hi Experts,

Thank you for your Reply

My Problem Solved

I Just Unlock the TP using Note 1901463 - How to unlock the SAP system to perform correction(s) during an upgrade.

after that i Delete the table entries of UVERS. now i can Release a Transport request

Thank you

Regards

SROY

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Which backup did you use to restore the system back to the previous state? It looks like you used a backup which was taken after the lock development phase. Have you tried to reset the upgrade from SUM? The SUM tool should reset the upgrade and modify all the upgrade control tables for you instead of manually modifying the tables. If you have deleted the SUM directory then the best option would be to restore the database backup taken before the EHP update. In any case you can try the report RSUPGRES from SE38 and see if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

I get the feeling that's not the complete story.

So you restored your system.....

From which point of the upgrade process did you restore the system ? The above screen shot could be related to any phase after REPACHK. And when you restore your system (phase unknown at the moment) did you also restore your SUM directory and then perform a reset of the upgrade ?

I think you need to give a clear and concise picture of how you got to where you are.

If I may just say one additional thing ..... please please please do not start deleting table entries unless your know 100000% why and even then you'd want to check that with those lovely people at SAP who you probably pay a slightly generous license fee for support.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit

former_member197078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SUM process was DBCLONE and the system hang after 4-5 hr ,when i checked the InstancesBoth the Instance Original and Shadow were in yellow and dispatcher were down, the SUM was hang i can't select any option  even stop , I end it by Task manager and stop all the instances and restarted the Server, after restart the original instance get stopped . and dispatcher was down when i check the log it was giving me  following error

ERROR SQL4096 not enough user connections

Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database because 'logsegment'

segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump

the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to increase the size of the

segment

I did all process but could not start the instance , the sum also can not move forward from the DBCLONE , when i continue it come back to the same place, so I did i stopped the server and disabled the shadow instance. and restart the server ,Sap instance start up can developer can work on it , But the problem was  Transport request can be released  it pop-up a box with message

Requests cannot be released during the upgrade

DB and all program were there up today no problem .

when i google i came to know that table UVERS contains the upgrade details so we can delete it and our TP will work,

can i get solution on it

Regards

ROY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Maybe it's just a choice of words but nothing you have just described above suggests a "restore" as you put in your thread title. Anyway, maybe it's just a choice of words as I say.

So you have restarted your server and made sure the shadow is down.

As I asked in my initial reply (as it now seems as though you didn't perform a "restore"), did you reset your upgrade from SUM as it seems to me as though you want to go back to normal usage and not continue with your upgrade ?

So to summarise, either you continue your upgrade or your reset it from SUM.

That's it really.

Good luck.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit