cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.1 Microsoft Platform - Running on SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence editon?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I am wondering if BPC 10.1 for the Microsoft Platform is running on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence editon. It seems that the SQL Server BI editon supports partitions and proactive caching, which is crucial for BPC, but for instance not available in Standard editon of SQL Server.

SQL Server BI editon is much cheaper than Enterprise editon, which makes it very interesting for mid-sized customers who don't need enterprise features of SQL server like HA and scalability etc.

The following questions arise:

1. Is BPC 10 running and working correctly on SQL Server 2014 BI editon?

2. Are there plans/chances to get it supported officially?

It would be nice if someone who was confronted with this topic would comment and share her/his experiences, or even better, if someone of SAP BPC team could comment.

Thanks for your responses!

Best regards,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

april_shultz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

As of right now BPC 10.1 only supports the Enterprise Edition per the PAM.  I will follow up with our SAP technical services team or development on your inquiry and let you know.

Thanks,

April

0 Kudos

HI April.

Any update on this, as i have been asked to install on a BI Edition, but need a definitive answer before I can reply?

Thanks