Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of MS Office 2016

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor

Hi all,

As I have seen some questions related to Office 2016, I decided to create this post just to clarify that the developers are already working on it and MS Office 2016 is planned to be supported in AO 2.2 in Q1, 2016.

Currently it is not supported. You can refer to PAM to check the supported environments.

Regards,

Filipe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor

Hi all,

MS Office 2016 is now supported in Analysis for Office 2.2 SP2 or higher version.

PAM has been updated accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Filipe

Do you konw when Analysis addon 2.2 SP02 will be available to download? I've been visiting download site during two last weeks but it isn't available yet.

Best regards

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alfredo,

Analysis for Office 2.2 SP2 has been released already.

You can visit the link below:

- http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Installation+and+Update

--- In "Downloading" part, click on "SBOP ANALYSIS MS OFFICE 2.2" according to your Excel version (32 or 64 bit);

----- If Excel 32 bit, download the file AOFFICE22SP02_0-70001292.EXE

----- If Excel 64 bit, download the file AOFFICE22SP02_0-70001293.EXE

Best Regards,

Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Filipe

I was trying to download ANALYSIS OFFICE BIP ADD ON. I've donwloaded ANALYSIS OFFICE CLIENT and everything works fine.

Best regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Filipe

I see that on 12/22 there was a patch for AO 2.2, does this patch have the Office 2016 working with AO?

If not, when is the estimate for the release of AO 2.2 working with Office 2016?

Patty

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Patty,

I can confirm that AO 2.2 SP1 does not support MS Office 2016.
However, I believe it will be supported from AO 2.2 SP2 onwards, according to SAP note below:

>> 2252866 - MS Office 2016 is not detected by the installer

Analysis for Office 2.2 SP2 is planned to be delivered in Calendar Week 9, 2016.

We will also update the PAM regarding the support of MS Office 2016.

Regards, Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Filipe

I just looked at the PAM to see what products will be available Q1 and Q2 for 2016 and SBOP Analysis is not listed.

Our company is moving forward with Office 2016 and we really need to know when Analysis will be compatible with this version of Office. 

You stated earlier that it would be week 9 of 2016.   Can you let me know if this plan has been delayed?

Thanks

Patty

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Patty,

The planned release date for AO 2.2 SP2 is still Calendar Week 9, 2016.

You can refer to our regularly updated SAP note 1518359 for the release schedule.

Regards,

Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Filipe,

that will Support Office 2016 in Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, right ?

regards, Mikhail

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

The OS versions that you mentioned are already supported in Analysis for Office 2.2 version.

You can refer to PAM to check the supported OS. Windows 7 is supported from SP1 onwards.

Regards,

Filipe

stephen_hobbs2
Active Participant

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for the update. Will it just be 2.2 that is supported by Office 2016 or will the other versions also be supported, in particular 1.4?

Thanks,

Stephen

alexander_peter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

we are concentrating on Analysis Office 2.2. Note that release 1.4 is only supported until June 2016.

Best,

Alex

alpicado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I was downloading it from https://launchpad.support.sap.com/, but the file did not work.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - you need to download from the support & patches side, not installations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can anyone provide me the complete path to download ANALYSIS MS OFFICE 2.2 ?

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

As mentioned above, you can download AO 2.2 SP2 by visiting the link and following the steps below:

- http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Installation+and+Update

--- In "Downloading" part, click on "SBOP ANALYSIS MS OFFICE 2.2" according to your Excel version (32 or 64 bit);

----- If Excel 32 bit, download the file AOFFICE22SP02_0-70001292.EXE

----- If Excel 64 bit, download the file AOFFICE22SP02_0-70001293.EXE

Regards,

Filipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.